PDA

View Full Version : Myretta/Myracle's GM/EM Application

Myracle
09-04-2014, 05:26 AM
What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?

My current and previous character names are and were Myracle, Myretta, Camel, Gigilakes, Loaf, and likely most memorably Trikky.

How long have you currently been with us on WoWMortal and what are your contributions up to this point?

I have been with the WoWMortal community for almost 3 years (less than 1-2 months until I reach that point) on various accounts, and my contributions up until now have been voting frequently and helping players whom have serious questions; these questions are usually asked in world chat and are either never answered or are given troll-ish responses. I also have in the past hosted numerous amounts of events, both as an accepted Event Master on WM as well as a regular player a few years ago. Though I was not available as an official GM on WoWMortal for an extended time, I hosted many events in the short time I was given to help and entertain the WoWMortal community, and if accepted again I intend to do just that once again.

How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis?

Today is coincidentally the last day of summer vacation for me, so my normal 6-8 hours of being online will likely not be happening for another 10 months. However, I want to keep my schedule consistent, so it will likely be, whether I am accepted or not:

Mondays & Tuesdays ~ 3:45PM - 9:00PM EST
Wednesdays ~ 6:00PM - 8:30PM EST
Thursdays & Fridays ~ 3:45PM - 9:00PM EST
Saturdays & Sundays ~ 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST

I will try my best in order to keep this schedule intact, once again, if I get accepted or not.

Have or do you currently play Retail, if so; how long and which expansions?

I have played retail before. I started when I was around 10 years old playing a gnome warrior in mid Burning Crusade on a trial account. I continued to make trial accounts until I eventually created and bought a normal account and, by the time that happened, it was already late WotLK. I had a level 80 druid and a level 80 rogue. Immediately after Cataclysm came out, I bought it and leveled my druid and rogue to 85, as well as a mage, shaman, priest, and another druid to 85. I lost faith in Mists of Pandaria, and still don't have it to this day, so I am able to use 10 day free trials every 3 months. So in total I've played retail for about 9 years from Burning Crusade through Mists of Pandaria.

Do you have any previous Game Master experience and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands?

Yes, I do have previous Game Master/Event Master experience.

DryWoW

DryWoW was a Wrath of the Lich King private server that I worked on for about 5-6 months. It was a really great experience there, but it was mostly a project that me and a few online friends wanted to try out. It went live for about 3 weeks, then had to shut down due to not being able to pay the host. It barely had any population, but I definitely had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

WoWMortal

I was an Event Master on Destiny in December of 2013. I was only an EM there for around 1-2 weeks, but in that time I hosted events with my good friend Hyqxyz and players seemed to have fun and really enjoy our events. I hosted many events as a solo GM as well, and handed out both generous and fair/respective rewards.

WoWSurge

WoWSurge was a 4.3.4 private server that I was a Game Master on. The server was a project in progress for around 4-6 weeks; in that time I helped to build malls and found numerous locations to add to the teleporter NPC. After these 4-6 weeks, we went live for about a week until somehow a DDOSer found his way in and forced the server to go down for 5 days, in which time the owner of WoWSurge decided it would be easier to shut down the server (can't blame him :/). We were planning to revive it a month after the DDOS attack and worked on it for about 2 weeks, but the owner lost interest in the server and we discontinued WoWSurge.

Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the WoWMortal Staff Team?

I feel like this answer is always the same for me in every single application I write on any server. To be totally honest, when I was a GM on WoWSurge, I really loved it because I was able to gather an active player base that appreciated all the work that my friends, fellow testers, and myself put into the server. And to do that, I hosted events that were not only enjoyable to players in the server, but to myself by hosting them. This is exactly why I want to be a GM here, and specifically on WoWMortal because there are only 2 events that host events, let alone give fair rewards. I feel that WoWMortal already has a lot of potential to be bigger and better, and I think I have some good ideas that could help the server grow. These ideas might be event related, transmogrification related, or bug related. Whatever the relation, it will always be helpful and benefit the server in some shape, way, or form.

Briefly describe yourself within 350 or less words, provide [First Name, Time Zone, Personal Interests & Age].

Hi, my name is Mark Brentley. I am attending college right now and I study psychology and business. At the moment I'm studying more business, but I really would like to delve into psychology more and hopefully pursue some career in it. I'm also considering neuroscience, or maybe even a neurosurgeon, but I already know I'm too squeamish for that sort of thing. I enjoy playing hockey with friends, even though I haven't played in around three months because of the weather, and I live in New York City. My time zone is Eastern Standard Time (EST -5:00) and I am 18 going on 19 this month.

[Optional question] Anything you would like to add?

One thing, yes. I realize that I have been very inconsiderate to Game Masters in the past (specifically one retired "staff member"), but I feel that now I am given the chance to respect the higher ranking players in the WoWMortal community. I will not apologize for saying the disrespectful things I have said in the past, as they have already happened, but I will say that I will not do it again. This goes for players as well.

Scenario Questions [Mandatory]

1. A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself, such as original Legendary Weapons, how do you respond?

I would ask the player first if he had purchased the item in the past beforehand, just to check if he already had the item in his bag and did not realize, and ask him to search for it in his bag using the search option. If this was not the case, I would ask him what the item he was trying to purchase was, and check the currency of the item. I would then ask him to confirm if he had <x> number of <x> tokens to purchase the item. If this was still not the case, I would ask a higher ranking Game Master to try purchasing the item with the same exact amount of tokens. If this Game Master was unable to purchase the item himself, making the ticket true and the item in the vendor bugged, I would leave the ticket to a higher ranking Game Master. It would be the higher ranking GM's decision to either A, give him the item, B, delete the item from the vendor, or C, fix the item in the specific vendor. However, 8/10 of the time, the player writing a ticket like this just wants free items, and if this was the case, I would tell him that staff does not offer free items and close the ticket.

2. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?

Chances are this player has been giving other staff members problems in the past before and has been given fair warning against insulting staff members. I would keep a calm head and open the ticket, telling the player to chill out. I would tell the player that I would be teleporting him somewhere safe so I could speak with him privately in <x> number of seconds. Once we were both in a safe spot, I would explain to him that the WoWMortal rules prohibit disrespect towards staff members, let alone other players; then I would tell him that he should not create any more spam/flame tickets again, otherwise myself or another staff member would either extend his mute or ban him if his insults are extremely disrespectful and/or threatening. Finally I would teleport that player back to the mall.

3. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?

The first thing I would do would be to teleport to the player and observe his actions. I would then freeze him and teleport him somewhere safe and secluded, away from other players that will interfere and chat about the hacking player. I would explain to this player that the server does not tolerate hacking in any shape or form. I would ask him not to hack again, or I would be forced to take further action instead of just warning him. I would tell a higher ranking Game Master about the situation, just in case something more needed to happen to this hacker. If he hacked again, I would leave it to the higher ranking Game Master's hands to do what he thinks would be best to get rid of the hacker.

Fragnancex
09-04-2014, 06:51 AM
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a

no
no
no
no

you are the rudest person on this realm and considering your obsession with sitting in guru all day with your best buddies that you flame EVERYONE with and constantly troll GMs with i'm guessing some shady **** will happen with them

so no
never ever

this may be the best written app in the last 6months but your attitude lets you down

not to mention you joined in with Unmerciful's racist flaming of Oc recently

Unmerciful
09-04-2014, 07:08 AM
hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah a

no
no
no
no

you are the rudest person on this realm and considering your obsession with sitting in guru all day with your best buddies that you flame EVERYONE with and constantly troll GMs with i'm guessing some shady **** will happen with them

so no
never ever

this may be the best written app in the last 6months but your attitude lets you down

not to mention you joined in with Unmerciful's racist flaming of Oc recently

who pissed in your pyjamas? Just cause you got denied doesn't mean you should go around and hating on everyone elses apps. And that thing with Oc was obviously all a joke and Trikky didn't even say a thing to him so don't jump to conclusions just cause you saw him next to me.It was all me. :))

ON TOPIC:

Now its no secret that me and Trikky are very good friends here on WoWMortal and it's obvious that I give him my FULL SUPPORT WITHOUT A DOUBT, but not because he is my friend, but because he deserves this more than any other person and we all know he will do a great job like he did before.

Not to mention the high amount of experience he had with this job - so it will be dumb to not atleast give him a chance to prove himself.And that this app obviously beats every single app that has been made in the last couple of months - greatly put up.

I just want everyone to realise what a nice and cool guy he is, ofcourse you can't expect him to sit around when some people keep dissing him about his religion and the fact the his family is wealthy...

#TrikkyForGM/EM

-THIS IS ME TALKING AS A MEMBER OF OUR COMMUNITY-

Fragnancex
09-04-2014, 07:25 AM
i didnt hate on his app. his app was stellar. If it was someone who wasnt a complete **** in game id give full support.

Diamante
09-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Eh.. goodluck from now

Word
09-04-2014, 08:35 AM
No support...

Slim
09-04-2014, 09:40 AM
I've got to agree With Unmercifgt.. This guy was born to do This. 420% support, go get em marko<3

ArkN
09-04-2014, 10:39 AM
Support :).
Best of luck loaf.

Ceffaelo
09-04-2014, 10:54 AM
No support.
Good luck. :)

-Mallbora
09-04-2014, 01:55 PM
Application Status : Denied