PDA

View Full Version : 3v3 Tournament? / Discussion Thread.

Candyhigh
11-14-2014, 12:13 PM
Each day I see more players being encouraged by 3v3 Arenas, which even by just watching is nice especially with 2v2 arenas being more active too.

The question is; Is 3v3 Arenas active enough to push an actual 3v3 tournament, like we're currently doing with 2v2.

This poll will be open for 7 days to see the feedback / opinions and just general information people have about 3v3 on WoWMortal, if or when it would be mainstreamed like 2v2.

Flaming / Disrespectful off topic comments / trolling comments will be deleted and will result in forum account bans. Stay on topic.

dofel
11-14-2014, 12:22 PM
is good,but the balance of classes is a bit off in this server, and u will see same ppl raging 2's will go to 3's. you'll see same players,same comp,same gameplay and same winner i believe

the point is having frequent 3's is nice,considering its the most balance comp arena can have, but the balance of classes itself will make the arena gameplay static

terocada
11-14-2014, 12:31 PM
2s is literally the worst bracket, and this is coming from someone who actively participates in it. 3s overall, as my peer previously stated above me, much more balanced. 3s is also much more of a overall fun bracket as well as demonstrating more of a skill in pvp. in the past i've created a petition to have a 3v3 tournament on the realm which received a lot of positive feed back. i'm 100% sure, especially with the server lag now having been fixed, that if a tournament for 3s was created, it would be a huge success, and a blast (blast implying a ton of fun) as well.

PLEASE MAKE THIS TOURNAMENT FOR 3S HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Naïlo
11-14-2014, 12:40 PM
I voted for 3s because I would genuinely love to see more active 3v3 sessions on Mortal. However...

My misgivings about voting for 3s is that Mortal's population doesn't seem to be set up to accomodate active 3s. Like every server, Mortal has several choice players that feature in the top 3/5 each season and are known for being "exceptional," far as the realm goes.

In 2s, I'd guess that there's below 50 decent/good players. In 3s, even that number drops significantly. I had a fun hour or so of 3s earlier, after not doing 3s on Mortal in months, and it rekindled my hunger for more.

However, I'd rather there not be a 3s "season" (as 2s are now) without enough people interested in actively playing 3v3; otherwise, there will be below 20 people that consistently queue into each other, with the only random newcomers being players that have a lack of understanding of PvP in general.

spr1te
11-14-2014, 05:35 PM
3v3 bracket is so much more dominant comparing to 2v2 in all possible ways(skillcap,entertainment,balance) and it would be so nice to have a healthy competition going on here.
But as Boxcuttin' said 3s require more players in order to see variety of compositions and facing teams you haven't faced every day before,so without a little bit bigger pvp oriented playerbase 3s can tend to become repetative and borring.
I'm 100% down for this idea but maybe it's not the right time yet.
PS;
LF arena partners :D

Minimane
11-15-2014, 03:44 AM
no support

acronozlol
11-15-2014, 06:35 AM
yes 3s is the pinnacle of competition in world of warcraft, 2s in cata is boring and full of dumb comps
when you say "tournament" i hope you mean a legit tourney with brackets for thats how i insinuate "tournament"
tournaments promote the server, as im sure people from other servers will come here to play it, whether they be from at/molten to stomp in the tourney or from like adv or something and equal competition.
however, if elune buff is allowed change my vote to a no

Lagdcbug
11-15-2014, 06:44 AM
yes do this

Peelz
11-15-2014, 09:53 AM
I'm in. :DD

asstoomouth
11-15-2014, 12:52 PM
make it happen

Restyqt
11-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Lets do this!!!!!

Candyhigh
11-15-2014, 04:40 PM
With the high favouritism between players and staff that a 3v3 competition would impact the server in a good way.

The decision to make a 3v3 competition (Not a tournament) will go ahead, the date to which one will start is currently unknown and yet to be decided, it may anytime between the 1st of December 2014 and the 30th of December 2014.

The first competition for the 3v3 bracket will be a set duration of 7 days, as a test run to see how frequent it becomes regardless of the other brackets. It will be a similar competition as the current on-going 2v2 competition.

Further details on this competition test run will come within the same week a decision on it's starting date.
Meanwhile; feel free to continue to vote and discuss the aspect of a 3v3 competition as any further details, information or opinions on the matter are of great importance not just to the competition once it happens but to help us improve the frequency and activity of 3v3 and even 2v2.

Thank you to all players and staff members who took the time to make a poll decision and another thank you to all those who gave feed back on this.

Deadlinex
11-15-2014, 09:59 PM
The players seem to be united in their opinions. Looks like it is going to be more active 3v3 arenas. 2v2 sure is something but when you play 3v3 you are forced to think a little bit differently.

terocada
11-15-2014, 11:32 PM
With the high favouritism between players and staff that a 3v3 competition would impact the server in a good way.

The decision to make a 3v3 competition (Not a tournament) will go ahead, the date to which one will start is currently unknown and yet to be decided, it may anytime between the 1st of December 2014 and the 30th of December 2014.

The first competition for the 3v3 bracket will be a set duration of 7 days, as a test run to see how frequent it becomes regardless of the other brackets. It will be a similar competition as the current on-going 2v2 competition.

Further details on this competition test run will come within the same week a decision on it's starting date.
Meanwhile; feel free to continue to vote and discuss the aspect of a 3v3 competition as any further details, information or opinions on the matter are of great importance not just to the competition once it happens but to help us improve the frequency and activity of 3v3 and even 2v2.

Thank you to all players and staff members who took the time to make a poll decision and another thank you to all those who gave feed back on this.

I think players also seem veryunited in having a tournament, and not a "3v3 competition." At least that is what I understood, and when I discussed it with other members of the WoWMortal Community, they seemed to understand that we were having a petition here, created by a GM, to make 3s more active on the server, along with having an upcoming tournament.

Restyqt
11-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Yeah a tournament would be sick ... like u could have both 3s competition and 3s tournament

Candyhigh
11-16-2014, 01:09 AM
Well for the opening first official 3v3 competition will remain as a competition instead of a tournament just as a test run to see how things go, as time passes and progresses we can build on it and make it bigger, better and even expand.

A tournament is not' being avoided, but for now I feel as if a competition will hopefully, if everything goes to plan to promote the bracket itself, before opening or starting an active elimination tournament.

Mano
11-16-2014, 08:11 AM
I think the classes are not yet balanced enough for any 3v3 tourneys, maybe like u said.. a trial or something. I am in for it if it takes place before December 13.

acronozlol
11-16-2014, 06:13 PM
I think the classes are not yet balanced enough for any 3v3 tourneys, maybe like u said.. a trial or something. I am in for it if it takes place before December 13.
yea this + pls disallow vip buff (elune stone) in 3s its retarded

TopRi
11-18-2014, 09:04 PM
remove cp given on 1v1 and 2v2 , players have to que for 3v3 if they need cp . xD

"whats with the undergeared players?" everybody can get full off set by honor tokens / bg it means u can start doing arena as almost fully geared , also in 3v3 the gear isnt that matter like in 2v2 it is , example 1 player of 3 cant stop them to win arena ... if they know what to do / how to play .

also 2v2 is getting so similar over and over , same noob players get ranked and won the dp / title / mount etc . just boring . as it was on retail players only played 2v2 for gearing and played 3v3 for actual rating ...

and the last reason to make 3v3 ques increasing is , fast arena games ,becuz most of 3v3 games end in 5-10 min , unlike in 2v2 .

voted for 3v3 .

acronozlol
11-21-2014, 01:21 AM
yea this + pls disallow vip buff (elune stone) in 3s its retarded
dgfdafgdfagdfg

terocada
11-21-2014, 04:25 AM
dgfdafgdfagdfg

Anyone who uses elune stone in 3s is obviously bad; arenas in general.

Spiteful
12-14-2014, 01:28 AM
More 3v3 would be amazing :O

Epaz
12-14-2014, 03:44 AM
Lets just start playing 3s, how does that sound?!