PDA

View Full Version : Everyone from armaggedon!

matti03
01-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Everyone from Armaggedon.

Please answear these questions for me:

-Your main character name from Armaggedon?
-Are you still playing this day today?
-How much do you like Destiny compared to Armaggedon?
-Good sides and bad sides of Armaggedon?
-Do you still donate to Mortal for improving the server?

A question for those who played Armaggedon but quitted:

-Would you join the server again if the server got back up?

Thanks.

Silverfox
01-14-2015, 06:57 PM
koiloss silverfox puppy
not that much anymore
4 out of 10
the bad thing is arma got to many custom items and such
good thing about it was friends and i suck at 4.3.4
nope i dont

yes i would love to get arma back

Epaz
01-14-2015, 08:38 PM
I belive my name was something like this: Epaz.
Yes I do.
Let me just say this, I like WoWMortal.
Good side about arma, it opened, bad side, It closed.
Yes I do.

Unmerciful
01-14-2015, 09:41 PM
Unmerciful. :')
Yes. Not as much as before, but yeah.
Compared to Arma, its pretty damn bad.
As Epaz said, ''Good side about arma, it opened, bad side, It closed.''. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Just when Destiny opened and maaaaaaaaaaan do I regret it.

Oh well.

rip in peace Armageddon

Foredoom098
01-14-2015, 09:43 PM
Twitter
Just started playing again after a year..
Right now, I can't really voice an honest opinion, but from the looks..Arma is the way to go
Gonna agree with Epaz.
I havnt in a while. We will see here in the next few weeks if I will again. I'm just amazed wowmortal is still here TBH, that's a feat on it'd own

Dangar
01-14-2015, 09:52 PM
< Pinky, i'm gonna have to agree completely with Epaz. don't get used to it epaz.

Diamante
01-14-2015, 09:55 PM
Iron-sama

Iron is the most annoying iron you'll ever see

Also

Pinky and epaz are bunch of Iron-wannabe

Yourself
01-14-2015, 10:12 PM
Iron this and Iron that. Hmm...

What I loved the most about Armageddon was fighting Zoc all day long. D'uh..

Ofcourse
01-15-2015, 01:52 AM
-Main character name: Ofchunter.

-Nope.

- destiny cannot be compared to armaggedon...armaggedon has histories and developed champions and heros.

-Good Side: Mall Wars, we used to get in horde mallls and rek dem all ezzzzz, Bad side: Disarm abusers...well it was fun

- Ofcourse i do, who doesn't donate for wowmortal? even tho im not active(never will be) im still donating for it.

- Ofcourse, with the oldschool staff members ofc...no need for rendems

Malikk
01-15-2015, 02:01 AM
Hyqxyz
Nope.
1/10. So many bugged items, spells, etc. Not even fun pvping there, and the staff is just terrible.
Friends, PVP, content. Bad Side - The way it was. (An Admin turned it to be so custom and basically what Destiny is like now. I hated it, and so did players so they all quit and it was shut down :(.
No

If it was back to the way it was. Yes 100%. Not the way it was modified by some crappy Admin who thought whatever his idea was it was good and players would like it.

Paralize
01-15-2015, 02:40 AM
Paralize
Yes i do, but not as much as i used to
4/10 a lot of things need to change
The friends and pvp in gurubashi. The bad side was all the hackers and abusers, left before it became too custom so...
No

I would definetly join again

Daazlol
01-15-2015, 03:27 AM
Daazlol
Fo sho!
I like it quiet a bit, it is more balanced wich makes it more competitive.
I honestly dont see bad sides.
Yes, monthly.

Would play it.

Swody
01-15-2015, 04:19 AM
Please follow the OP's rules, and don't go off topic by slandering people rudely.

Behave Trikky, or your forum account will be suspended.

Candyhigh
01-15-2015, 04:21 AM
Please follow the OP's rules, and don't go off topic by slandering people rudely.

Behave Trikky, or your forum account will be suspended.

And so should you.
Both yours and Trikky's comments have been deleted, you don't get to ignore the rules.

If anyone persists on slandering anyone, staff or players then the thread will just be closed or deleted.

Slim
01-15-2015, 10:27 AM

-Your main character name from Armaggedon? slim, frontier, flawlessedx, Rhik, Kelzu

-Are you still playing this day today? yes!
-How much do you like Destiny compared to Armaggedon? in my eyes, nothing Will ever beat Arma
-Good sides and bad sides of Armaggedon? good sides : Community, guilds, i COULD go on and on.. Bad sides : GM's
-Do you still donate to Mortal for improving the server? Not anymore, no

-Would you join the server again: I Would love too.. I miss the server so much..

matti03
01-15-2015, 05:30 PM
Jason, i think this is a good thread... Dont delete it. Maybe it will open your eyes for new opportunities and maybe improvement to the server. I called out people from Armaggedon cus they can speak out for other than just destiny, they can relate to what needs changes so this server wont end dead once again...

And also i think its pretty interesting to read old players comments and opinions about this server. Its been 5 years (more for others).. Crazy some of u guys still are here

Swody
01-15-2015, 05:33 PM
LOL. My comments about you were far less harsh than what others are saying. For your convienence I will re-post my response to this thread as I put a great deal of thought into it. You should learn to take criticism.

My main character's name was Swody.

And yes, I am still playing til this day. Almost 5 years in!

I feel the direction that Destiny is going is a lot like Armageddon during its final days. The server reaks of custom items, terrible support, and its just not as good as it could be. The server seems to go with whatever Jason wants, whether its a good idea or not. Very custom and very dis-pleasing. In my opinion.

Best side to Armageddon, was really how close we all were. We all knew eachother, we all had rivals and it was pure awesome. A bad side, besides the three dictators we went through, was the abusive staff members, hackers and the custom aspect of the server near the end.

Of course. I will always support WM. It's my home server, literally the first server I ever played. And Im still here to this day.

I would join, really only if the server was changed back to the old way it was, before you know who...and 'he who shall not be named because his name is trademarked and only available to him'. Those were in my eyes, the golden days of WM.

And Jason, you DO NOT get to dictate what people say here. I followed the rules and you cant just delete peoples posts because they dont like you. I want to make this as non-hostile as I can but what you did back there, just now was childish and uncalled for.

Unmerciful
01-15-2015, 05:53 PM
I feel the direction that Destiny is going is a lot like Armageddon during its final days. The server reaks of custom items, terrible support, and its just not as good as it could be. Very custom and very dis-pleasing. In my opinion.

Best side to Armageddon, was really how close we all were. We all knew eachother, we all had rivals and it was pure awesome. A bad side, besides the three dictators we went through, was the abusive staff members, hackers and the custom aspect of the server near the end.

Of course. I will always support WM. It's my home server, literally the first server I ever played. And Im still here to this day.

I would join, really only if the server was changed back to the old way it was, before you know who...and 'he who shall not be named because his name is trademarked and only available to him'. Those were in my eyes, the golden days of WM.

For once I agree with you Swody - Armageddon had a great community (not because of all the trolling and we know there was plenty of it), but as u said everyone was close and everyone knew everyone. Everyone had a rival and it made pvp more intense.Actually it made everything more intense.
And yeah all the custom bs ruined it all....sadly...

to answer the last question I forgot about:
In a heartbeat.

Swody
01-15-2015, 07:34 PM
Deleted 4 irrelevant posts, behave Slim and Unmerciful.

I literally just warned Trikky, c'mon guys. Be respectful, and stay on topic. I'm happy you all are so 'defensive' of this thread, but don't argue on it, that's not what the OP asked. Next person to react rudely to someone elses comment will be banned.

I dont want to close this thread after I fought for it to stay open.

Krystal
01-15-2015, 08:41 PM

Thanks.
Hello, Candybar was my main there

I'm stilll playing here today, yeah

It's alright it's more fun, more activities and the gameplay is pretty much the same, only with more PvE and events and everything now, if you saw a GM online on Arma you were in luck, there was so many abusers, so many hackers, so many bugs and it felt like the dev's didnt do anything about it so personally i like Destiny waaaay more and creds to the devs for improving destiny so much and getting rid of the buggs and implementing more and funnier stuff to do, Destiny really provides something different which every private server needs.

Well i pretty much explained the bad sides of it, you could basically do whatever the hell you wanted to there but if they reported you to the forums you're screwed, good sides, uh.......... made a lot of friends? i dont really know actually xD

Not anymore, no, i should though soon kek

Nah I wouldnt join the server again, I love Destiny it's like Armageddon 7.0 or something, it's great in every aspect.

cheers m8

ArkN
01-16-2015, 12:12 AM
Optix and forgot the reset.

No.

Armaggedon was one the first servers I joined and was the most enjoyable realm I've played on, before it was ruined by Jason ofc having that said
Arma is 10 times better then Destiny.

The content, PvP either it be in guru or arenas it kept me coming back :), friends, social stuff and so fourth.
The bad things, Jason's appearance to the server pretty much destroyed it, I even quit once all the custom crap was brought in, wasn't fun at all at that point.

No.

-Would you join the server again:
Of course :).

Colander
01-16-2015, 12:36 AM
Colander

Nope, just lurking the forums.

Feels the same, except it's 4.3.4 and alot more people I don't know.

Good sides were probably the amount of awesome people.

Bad sides were bugs, the patch 4.0.6 and pretty boring PVE.

Nope.

Nope

Seems to be alot of Jason haters on. I didn't know that adding a bunch of fun cosmetic items could make someone the "Guy who completley ****ed over Armageddon"

Bubu
01-16-2015, 12:40 AM
bad part is that things like this existed : insane bugged blood dks, holy paladins that got holy power 24/7 and holy wrath stunning everything, 20k serpent stings, double/triple heroic strikes, 30k arcane shots, 30k black arrows, disarm bug, druid mana stacking, dk diseases doing 10k, ferals doing 20k bleeds, CORRUPT GMS, CUSTOM ITEMS, etc...
probably worst part was that every gm was corrupt, always doing **** for their friends
good part= ganking
no, why would i go through that **** again

rayvens
01-16-2015, 12:50 AM
rayvens/stark/frontier

no, because it doesn't exist anymore

destiny is mediocre compare to armaggedon

Armaggedon good side: bugs exploit (disarm bug, bug stats etc), ganking, 4.0.6 aka the best cata patch.
Armaggedon bad side: the community

i stopped when i saw a pic of jason with his new iphone 5

messi or cr7?

if jason and pinky quit gm, i would join

Grim
01-17-2015, 07:27 AM

Thanks.

ARMA CHARACTERS: Grimpvp, Corpsegrinder, Corpsedk

A. Returned to WoWmortal a couple weeks ago after a year or so long hiatus. Its been 4 years since I joined WoWmortal.

B. Currently playing Daily.

C and D. I loved Armageddon. Compared to Destiny, it had alot more bugs, and Destiny *feels* better as far as mechanics and setup, however the community was smaller, and tighter. These days on Destiny, there are far too many Gurubashi trolls who talk **** all day and spawn camp players simply because they got killed once, in a FREE FOR ALL environment. I get tired of hearing "kill me one more and ill camp u dog**** get rekt fgt"......Everyone thinks they're big bad tough guys with something to prove. Back in my day on Arma, most of the population was chill, relaxed, and wanted to just have fun. That's how I gained so many friends on the server, by helping others have fun, not by trolling and griefing players who happened to have less skill than my friends and I. Also, my other main gripe with destiny is the fact that the Spanish Only speaking population has sky rocketed. To the point where team play is EXTREMELY difficult because we can't communicate with these players. Countless times I've called out enemy locations in Arathi Basin, only to be ignored because 95% of my team has no idea what I'm talking about. And this is weird because the server is based in the USA as far as I know.

E. If Armageddon came back, I would immediately stop playing Destiny. I miss doing PvP raids in the opposing faction's city mall, where REAL world pvp happened and was fun. I miss making friends and enemies from raiding Ironforge to do my daily quests.

F. I do not donate anymore because I spent upwards of $300 to deck out all my characters on Armageddon back when I had a great paying job, only to have lost it all because I happened to not be playing when the server transferred. I've spent more than enough money on WoW in general during the past 11 years, I'm done spending money lol. Ill suck it up and deal with being at a disadvantage VS players who happen to have money in their pockets.

Old Pic from an Armageddon Stormwind raid:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/shinobi010/WoWScrnShot_052108_013633.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/shinobi010/media/WoWScrnShot_052108_013633.jpg.html)

Grim
01-17-2015, 07:43 AM
Couple more pics from my time as a GM doing pvp events: Shouts out to all the old players who made my Armageddon experience so great.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/shinobi010/WoWScrnShot_123111_233606.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/shinobi010/media/WoWScrnShot_123111_233606.jpg.html)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/shinobi010/WoWScrnShot_011212_045200.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/shinobi010/media/WoWScrnShot_011212_045200.jpg.html)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/shinobi010/WoWScrnShot_011212_035808.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/shinobi010/media/WoWScrnShot_011212_035808.jpg.html)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/shinobi010/WoWScrnShot_123111_231838.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/shinobi010/media/WoWScrnShot_123111_231838.jpg.html)

And a random screenshot I found of people reporting a hacker on early Armageddon lol:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff78/shinobi010/WoWScrnShot_082911_235447.jpg (http://s241.photobucket.com/user/shinobi010/media/WoWScrnShot_082911_235447.jpg.html)

Chiron
01-17-2015, 06:07 PM
Char names: something with Chi... cant remember. But my main char was Peacefullman.
Idc arma or destiny. Im r1 everywhere.

Frosty
01-18-2015, 12:39 AM
Frosty/Swifty
Yes
They both were great
both are equal tbh cause it is.. "wowmortal" lol
Yup