PDA

View Full Version : Tangent's Helper Application

Tangent
03-08-2015, 08:11 PM
**Important - If there are any Event Master positions that will be available, or if there are any prior to this application, I would love to be an Event Master!**

Primary Helper Application Questions

1) Which realm are you applying for?

I am applying for Destiny.

2) What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?

My most well-known character names are Myracle, Myretta, Tangent, and probably most known of all, Trikki.

3) How long have you currently been with us on WoWMortal and what are your contributions up to this point?

I have been with the WoWMortal community for 4 years now (give or take a few months) on various accounts, and my contributions up until now have been voting frequently and helping players who have serious questions; these questions are usually asked in world chat and are either never answered or are given troll-ish responses. I also have in the past hosted numerous amounts of events, both as an accepted Event Master on WM as well as a regular player a few years ago. Though I was not available as an official GM on WoWMortal for an extended amount of time, I hosted many events in the short time I was given to help and entertain the WoWMortal community, and if accepted again I intend to do just that once again.

4) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis?

On an application I have written prior to this one, I devised a schedule on my hours. I'd try my very best to keep these hours consistent, but as always, things do change. To briefly answer the question, I spend around 6-8 hours in-game on weekends and around 3-5 hours each day on weekdays.
Schedule from Prior Application

Mondays & Tuesdays ~ 4:00PM - 10:00PM EST
Wednesdays ~ 6:00PM - 8:30PM EST
Thursdays & Fridays ~ 4:00PM - 10:00PM EST
Saturdays & Sundays ~ 10:00AM - 7:00PM EST

5) Have or do you currently play Retail, if so; how long and which expansions?

I have played retail before. I started when I was around 10 years old playing a gnome warrior in mid Burning Crusade on a trial account. I continued to make trial accounts until I eventually created and bought a normal account and, by the time that happened, it was already late WotLK. I had a level 80 druid and a level 80 rogue. Immediately after Cataclysm came out, I bought it and leveled my druid and rogue to 85, as well as a mage, shaman, priest, and another druid to 85. I lost faith in Mists of Pandaria, and still don't have it to this day. My account was updated to MoP because WoD came out, but I've also lost faith in that. Way too many changes to certain classes that made the expansion/game very unenjoyable :( . My time spent on retail would be an accumulative 9 years.

6) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands?

Yes, I do have previous Game Master/Event Master experience.

DryWoWDryWoW was a Wrath of the Lich King private server that I worked on for about 5-6 months. It was a really great experience there, but it was mostly a project that me and a few online friends wanted to try out. It went live for about 3 weeks, then had to shut down due to not being able to pay the host. It barely had any population, but I definitely had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

WoWMortal

I was an Event Master on Destiny in December of 2013. I was only an EM there for around 1-2 weeks, but in that time I hosted events with my good friend Hyqxyz and players seemed to have fun and really enjoy our events. I hosted many events as a solo GM as well, and handed out both generous and fair/respective rewards.

WoWSurge

WoWSurge was a 4.3.4 private server that I was a Game Master on. The server was a project in progress for around 4-6 weeks; in that time I helped to build malls and found numerous locations to add to the teleporter NPC. After these 4-6 weeks, we went live for about a week until somehow a DDOSer found his way in and forced the server to go down for 5 days, in which time the owner of WoWSurge decided it would be easier to shut down the server (can't blame him :/). We were planning to revive it a month after the DDOS attack and worked on it for about 2 weeks, but the owner lost interest in the server and we discontinued WoWSurge.

Zealot-WoW

Zealot-WoW was quite possibly my most notable GM experience. It was the real deal, you could say. The server was in progress for at LEAST 1-3 months, and it opened in I believe either October or November. During this time, I created malls (critiqued by both beta testers and players in-game as well put together and organized as well as very appealing) and tested certain PvE and PvP aspects to aid the developers and administrators on the server (one of which is currently a developer here, which is one of the reasons why I am reapplying :)). After handling DDoS situations, disrespect, hackers, abusers, and more, Zealot-WoW went offline permanently due to disinterest in owning the server. I learned most of my skills from Zealot-WoW and have almost every Trinity Core command memorized.

7) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the WoWMortal Staff Team and what do you bring to an already thriving Staff Team?

I feel like this answer is always the same for me in every single application I write on any server. To be totally honest, when I was a GM on both Zealot-WoW and WoWSurge, I really loved it because I was able to gather an active player base that appreciated all the work that my friends, fellow testers, and myself put into the server. And to do that, I hosted events that were not only enjoyable to players in the server, but to myself by hosting them. I realize a helper may or may not have the appropriate commands to host/conduct events, but answering tickets is a strong suit for me as well. I am very people-oriented and I know how to handle myself in social situations maturely. I've also seen recent inactivity of events here lately, aside from the occasionally hosted infamous Hide and Seek event. This is exactly why I want to be a GM here, and specifically on WoWMortal because there are only 2 Game Masters that host events, let alone give fair rewards. I feel that WoWMortal already has a lot of potential to be bigger and better, and I think I have some good ideas that could help the server grow. These ideas might be event related, transmogrification related, or bug related. Whatever the relation, it will always be helpful and benefit the server in some shape, way, or form.

8) Briefly describe yourself within 350 or less words. (Please include your first name, where you live(+time zone), your personal interests and your age).

My name is Mark Brentley. I am attending college right now and I study psychology and business. At the moment I'm studying more business, but I really would like to delve into psychology more and hopefully pursue some career in it. I'm also considering neuroscience, or maybe even a neurosurgeon, but I already know I'm too squeamish for that sort of thing. I'm also getting really, really, REALLY into both World and U.S. History; for some reason this interest has just come out. I live in New York City. My time zone is Eastern Standard Time (EST -5:00) and I am 18 going on 20 in 6 months.

9) Anything you would like to add?

Every time I apologize for wrongdoing to this community, it is constantly being taken the wrong way. What I have done is in the past, and I would now like to clear my attitude/name and become a more helpful member of the community.

Scenario Questions [Mandatory]

1. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?

Chances are this player has been giving other staff members problems in the past before and has been given fair warning against insulting staff members. I would keep a calm head and open the ticket, telling the player to chill out. I would tell the player that I would be teleporting him somewhere safe so I could speak with him privately in <x> number of seconds. Once we were both in a safe spot, I would explain to him that the WoWMortal rules prohibit disrespect towards staff members, let alone other players; then I would tell him that he should not create any more spam/flame tickets again, otherwise myself or another staff member would either extend his mute or ban him if his insults are extremely disrespectful and/or threatening. Finally I would teleport that player back to the mall.

2. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?

The first thing I would do would be to teleport to the player and observe his actions. I would then freeze him and teleport him somewhere safe and secluded, away from other players that will interfere and chat about the hacking player. I would explain to this player that the server does not tolerate hacking in any shape or form. I would ask him not to hack again, or I would be forced to take further action instead of just warning him. I would tell a higher ranking Game Master about the situation, just in case something more needed to happen to this hacker. If he hacked again, I would leave it to the higher ranking Game Master's hands to do what he thinks would be best to get rid of the hacker.

3. Your friends are asking you to host an Event so they're able to get a new mount or another available reward they currently do not have, how do you proceed?

Being a Helper or GM automatically implies that you must keep personal friendships/relationships OUT of your position. Regardless of if these players are my friends (outside of being a GM), I would tell these players that it would be unfair to host an event just for THEIR enjoyment. As for the second piece of the question, I believe it depends. If I was the only staff member online/available, I would of course not be able to assist the player with giving he or she a different reward. However, if there was another [higher ranking] staff member online, I would ask the staff member if the player could receive a different reward because he or she already has the item (or, if the reward is honor/conquest, I would say the player already has full gear). If the staff member says I am allowed to give he/she a designated reward, I would give the player the new reward instead of the default reward. If the staff member says I must not give a different reward and stick to the script, I would ask the player to come on a different character that does not have the default reward, so that that character could receive the reward. I would even consider telling the player to ask if he or she has any other friends who might want the reward instead. As a general answer to the question, I would almost always tell the player that the reward is not interchangeable, even if I considered he or she my friend.

Starkgirl
03-08-2015, 08:50 PM
Oh dear god...no support

Selenax
03-08-2015, 08:51 PM
No support.

Simply just rude.
Other than that, great application ;)

a$$a$$in
03-08-2015, 08:51 PM
0% support .. would be the worst decision ever

Bubu
03-08-2015, 11:59 PM
are you seriously doing this?
you are extremely racist and rude, u insult alot, u have done writ abusing, i can't even count howmany times u have used ur friend Dante when he was gm to look up my ip and other people also ask him to ban/mute people u didnt like.
u also hate the admins... why are u even doing this?
NOOOOOOO SUPPORT

Dutchie
03-09-2015, 03:40 AM
100% support.

Full retard in pvp which he sucks at but he's a good gm ^

Deadlinex
03-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Your application looks great and you meet the requirements. Then I started to think about what you actually wrote in your application. I mean wouldn't it be better to try to clear your name first and then make this application? This community is not really known to be forgiving.

50% support for the time being.

ExonatioN
03-09-2015, 07:59 PM
The application is definitely well written, even though I may be unsure about the answer of this application.

Best of luck, L0af.

Unmerciful
03-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Support

ps. delete my reply again its sooo damn offensive

Knifeskillz
03-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Support, great guy.

Diamante
03-09-2015, 09:55 PM
No support for sure

Don't want to bring up history of you trikki insulting my religion's God.

Knifeskillz
03-09-2015, 10:51 PM
No support for sure

Don't want to bring up history of you trikki insulting my religion's God.

And how many times have you insulted his religion?

Dont get me started.

Tangent
03-10-2015, 01:07 AM
After thoughtful consideration & after reading the incredibly biased and hypocritical responses being posted on my application, I would like for this application to be denied. I feel that as someone constantly ridiculed by the members of the community, I would not be a suitable candidate for any staff position.

I'd just like to point out one thing to Diamante - I've still got screenshots of you insulting my religion through stereotypes. I'd respect & understand your post if it weren't for your immensely hypocritical remarks.

Best of luck to the other applicants.