PDA

View Full Version : Game master application

nebica1
04-10-2015, 10:47 PM
Greetings, everyone.

I am making this game master application as an answer to your offer for players on this server to apply for game master position.
I am going to answer on all the questions that should be answered in application, and then add everything that I want to say.

So let's begin!

1) Which realm are you applying for?

I am applying for realm Destiny, instant 85 level realm.

2) What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?

I've been playing on different accounts, but names that people could know are Sharmer or Exovoice.

3) How long have you currently been with us on WoWMortal and what are your contributions up to this point?

1 year with several pauses, some because of work, some because I played retail a bit.

4) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis?

I spend 4 hours usually, but time variates from 2 hours minimal to 7 hours maximal, depending on free time.

5) Have or do you currently play Retail, if so; how long and which expansions?

Yes, I have played retail. That is the thing why I apply, I have played retail for whole cataclysm and MoP until patch 5.1. As for now, I am not playing but I have characters on retail, I can give more specific informations about my character if you need it.

6) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands?

Yes, I have had game master experience last year when I was helping my friends build his own 4.0.6 server. It went on very good but he couldn't keep it due to lack of time. As for Trinity Core, I know commands for pretty much all I should know - Checking accounts, Item commands like .additem and etc, ban commands and all the important commands one game master should know.

7) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the WoWMortal Staff Team and what do you bring to an already thriving Staff Team?

This is very interesting question. It is hard to answer this question without sounding like I want to offend someone, but trust me I DON'T.
I think you've done good things with this server, but I think I could help it a lot. 1st thing is crowd. I am active player and I can always be inside crowd, checking for people who try to account steal/scam, check for spammers, people with bad manners, HACKERS, EXPLOITERS, etc. 2nd and even more important thing is that some classes and some spells/pve piece bonuses are very bugged. I am 100% sure that I know how all of them should work, and I can help developers with 100% accurate fixing and changing that is necessary. This is my biggest offer,help with fixing things. (Not saying u have bad scripts, scripts are actually very well made. Example: Haste is working very well, which is rare for private servers).

8) Briefly describe yourself within 350 or less words. (Please include your first name, where you live(+time zone), your personal interests and your age).

I am 18 years old (Well nearly 19) guy from Serbia. I am half Russian half Serbian and my name is Philip. I study in school for Economy and trade, and I am doing MMA and boxing for 3 years now (Active irl). Free time I have I spend either with my friends, girls or PLAYING WOW. I played on retail but I quit because private servers are much more player-open and so here I am. Time zone is Central European (Paris, Berlin, Prague, Belgrade). So, 18 years old that studies hard things, working when can, doing combat sports and playing wow.

9) Anything you would like to add? (optional question)

Yes. I would like to add this: I might not be on this server so long, but I feel very good playing here. I would like to help you in all possible ways and improve this server's population as much as possible. Also, this is very important
I DO NOT SEEK ANY PERSONAL INTERESTS BY APPLYING FOR GAME MASTER.

Scenario Questions[Mandatory]

1. A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself, such as original Legendary Weapons, how do you respond?

1st of all I say a polite "hello". Then, I would tell that player that I am unable to give him the item(s) that he requested. If he can get the item ingame, I would tell him to just try harder. If he wants however item that can only be taken by donation, I would tell him that I can't give that item to him and that only way to get it is to donate for it. At the end, warm goodbye. If he answers polite, polite I shall reply. If he starts being rude and "*****ing", I would be forced to answer him something like: Please, do not be rude. We can't break server rules, you need to understand that. Thanks".

2. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?

Well, this is very usual situation. If he got muted because bad language, I would tell him not to be rude and that it is a reason why he got muted at 1st. If he calms down, problem is solved. If he however, continues being an asshole, I would need to warn him. If he continues offending people and staff members, I would extend his mute. If nothing helps, I would be forced to ask older game master to ban him. If I am however in position of game master that has already been on server for some time, I would ban that account for short period o time, as warning and message to player to stop being bad and that he is doing only worst for community. However, banning people is LAST option that shouldn't be used just "like that". Every situation has solution.

3. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?

I would advice people not to play with that certain player. I would also ask him to stop hacking. if he doesn't stop however, I would make screenshots and proofs that he hacked. I would send it to game master and ask for a ban. I would also advise others to do the same.

4. Your friends are asking you to host an Event so they're able to get a new mount or another available reward they currently do not have, how do you proceed?

Being a staff member doesn't mean you can do all you want. It also doesn't mean you should do what your friends want. I would not make that event even if irl friends asked me to make it. Events should be made only when game masters want it or when players on server want it. I would personally make a pool with idea of event and votes if it should/shouldn't be made. An event is always good. People like it. If I was a gm, I would make a lot of events. I would also make some pvp tournaments and of course, pve races between guilds.

5. You first come online and you notice that their are 2 other Staff Members online yet there is still a high number of tickets active but have remained un-answered, what would you do to help but avoid the same situation in the future?

I would 1st check if the gms are afk or not. While I wait for response, I would start answering all of the tickets. I would answer as many as possible (Depending on number of tickets and how complex they are). When response from gms come I would continue answering tickets but 1st read gms response. If they are here, I would ask them what is the reason of so many tickets being unanswered. If the reason is good then I would just take all tickets and answer them. However if their reason for not answering the tickets is bad, I would kindly ask them to start answering.

That would be it. I hope that you will read this all and see what can I do. All I want is to help, and nothing in return.
I think I posses many, many things that I can contribute to this server.
At the end I would like to add:
-I maybe haven't been active on the forums and I know that it was requirement, but trust me I have been reading what's said there and also I know the situation of things. Please, do not mind this when you consider this application.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, RESPECT.

Deadlinex
04-10-2015, 10:48 PM
Read the requirements before applying.

This application should get denied.

crx
04-10-2015, 11:10 PM
again no requirements. NO support. should be denied.

Candyhigh
04-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Please read the Staff application requirements, their are no exceptions to ignoring the requirements.

Application Denied.