PDA

View Full Version : Beowuulf's Game Master Application

Beowulf
07-07-2015, 03:58 AM
1) Which realm are you applying for?

Destiny - Instant 85 (PvP)

2) What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?

I am only known by Beowuulf, as that is my only character at this time.

3) How long have you currently been with us on WoWMortal and what are your contributions up to this point?

I have sadly only been with WoWMortal for a few days, about 3. I wish i had joined this server earlier. Don't let this discourage you though, keep reading!
My contributions include; helping players, discovering bug spots, and reporting rule breaking players.

4) What is your timezone? (* We need GMT+5 )

GMT -4

5) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis?

Typically, i spend most of my day on WoW, so you can expect me to be onlline from 3pm my time (GMT -4) until midnight. During weekends i can modify my schedule to play all day as if i was in a GMT +5 time zone.

6) Have or do you currently play Retail, if so; how long and which expansions?

I currently own all expansions, I have been playing World of Warcraft since vanilla. However, i 'truly' started playing in the Burning Crusade.
(I don't play any more, ran out of time.)

7) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands?

I have full experience with Trinity Core Commands. Before joining WoWMortal i administrated my own private server that was friend based. I would say i am qualified to be a Game Master.
I do not have legitimate Game Master experience per say, although, i have played on game master only servers, and appointed myself game master in my previous private servers. During this time i was able to learn everything that would be needed to moderate a server, as a Game Master.

8) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the WoWMortal Staff Team and what do you bring to an already thriving Staff Team?

I feel that i would make an excellent addition to the WoWMortal staff team. More often than not i encounter moderators and even administrators (From WoW, and other games.) that are not entirely devoted to the purpose they serve. I can personally guarentee i will be entirely devoted to moderating the server, answering tickets, and replying to forum inquires. The full 9 yards.

9) Briefly describe yourself within 350 or less words. (Please include your first name, where you live(+time zone), your personal interests and your age).

Hello, my name is Josh. I'm 18 years old and am located in the cold reaches of Canada, (GMT -4) eh!
I'm a very outgoing and understanding guy. When something interests me, i typically research everything i possibly can about such subjects.
Currently i am enjoying my summer while researching universities that offer computer science / programming courses, as that is where my interests lay. Recently, i started playing Guitar. I own an imitation les paul which i passionately love. Other things that interest me include -- Astrophotography, Photography, Oculus Rift Game Development, Game Development, browsing forums that interest me, helping people, and programming. This is everything i could possibly tell you about myself without boring you to death.

10) Anything you would like to add? (optional question)

I would just like to add, regardless of if i am chosen to be a Game master, i will still be a helpful player to the fullest extent of my toolset.
I also understand the pre-requisites for applying, however it is said in that post that the requirements will be disregarded to encourage more applications.

Scenario Questions [Mandatory]

1. A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself, such as original Legendary Weapons, how do you respond?

Firstly, i start off by saying thank you for making a support ticket, Secondly, as kindly as possible, i let said player know that i am unable to just "Give" him items, regardless of what those items may be. I would ask that said player doesn't ask any staff members for in game items, alternatively, i suggest that he donates to keep the server running, all while receiving donation rewards. Then, i would direct the player our forum where i then suggest he read the server rules and read about donation perks.

2. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?

I would let said player know why he has been muted, and that exploiting a mute by creating tickets which serve no actual prupose will only earn him a longer mute. In some instances, this will not work and said player will continue to harass, in this case -- he will earn himself a temporary ban (Likely 1 day unless warranted otherwise.) In all instances like this, i always take screenshots and create a Log

3. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?

If i have discovered this player, and a ban is evaded. the first thing i would do is immediately gather all information available on that user. IP address, character name and other relevant details that could be used if he is to appeal, or to be used in identifying the hacker in the future if he is to evade a ban again. Secondly, i would use gmannounce to consult other available staff / gamemasters. If none are available, and if i have all relevant details, I'm going to try everything in my power to start damage control. Bans, Kicks, all standard practices. I would try teleporting, locking the character, kill the hacking game master. And lastly, if all else fails, i would then try to reason with a hacker (I have had great success in the past on other game servers, using this tactic to defuse situations)

4. Your friends are asking you to host an Event so they're able to get a new mount or another available reward they currently do not have, how do you proceed?

I would let my friend know that i take my job very seriously and would not do this even for a friend. I would insist they do not ask me again, while referring them to the forum where they can read the server rules

5. You first come online and you notice that their are 2 other Staff Members online yet there is still a high number of tickets active but have remained un-answered, what would you do to help but avoid the same situation in the future?

Equip my large whip! using gm announce i would notify the other staff that there are tickets to be answered, incase they haven't noticed. Then immediately after, i would start answering tickets until there are none. And then check tickets every 3 minutes after. If no other issues need attending to, i'd inquire why so many tickets went unanswered.

Regards;
Josh, Beowuulf (with two u's) (Bay-o-wolf)

Trikky
07-07-2015, 04:09 AM
No support.

Lovelyrape
07-07-2015, 04:45 AM
I support your app, seems to be a viable asset if chosen.

Minimane
07-07-2015, 04:54 AM
Naaaaaaaaah, No Support

Deltzz
07-09-2015, 05:07 AM
I give you my support, the app was good and it seems like you are a good member of the community!

Kojicc
07-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Hahaahha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 12312312312

Wushoolay
07-11-2015, 01:09 AM
Application is a bit bright for me, but it is very well organised too. Seem like a mature player, best of luck. 100% Support.

Hades
07-12-2015, 03:37 AM
SUPPORT, nice in game always has respect. GL

Final
07-14-2015, 01:07 AM
no support , gl

Jimusa
07-14-2015, 01:18 AM
good luck, my man :)

Intensity
07-14-2015, 02:32 AM
Support. This guy always has a positive attitude and would be a good addition to staff.

hozentrix
07-14-2015, 03:30 AM
You are retarded for applying. You have 0 chance of getting it.

Nerox
07-14-2015, 03:47 AM
Support

Nice guy in game, always helping people when the GameMaster team can't at the time.

Jimusa
07-14-2015, 03:52 AM
You are retarded for applying. You have 0 chance of getting it.
neither do you.

hozentrix
07-14-2015, 03:58 AM
I am applying for helper not a gm and I meet requirements.

Trikky
07-14-2015, 06:26 AM
I am applying for helper not a gm and I meet requirements.
You aren't helpful at all

bl00ds3eker
07-14-2015, 06:53 AM
Full support. Good luck mate :)

Beowulf
07-14-2015, 07:02 AM
After noticing such corruption within the heart of WoWmortal, there is nothing for me to help with here. The administrator himself, Msoul, if im understanding correctly -- Jason / Gluey. cares not what he do.

I hereby recant my application

hozentrix
07-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Your punctuation blows ass. You also were never going to get hired so nobody cares what you say.