PDA

View Full Version : Xaye's Game Master Application

Xaye
08-17-2015, 06:24 PM
Ok well since the requirements for the GM applications are temporarily irrelevant, I am giving this a shot.

1) Which realm are you applying for?
Destiny

2) What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?
Currently I have no characters on your realms that I aware of.

3) How long have you currently been with us on WoWMortal and what are your contributions up to this point?
Not a relevant question at the moment.

4) What is your timezone? (* We need GMT+5 )
+2 GMT

5) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis?
I can spend from 2-8 hours a day, ingame. Everyday.

6) Have or do you currently play Retail, if so; how long and which expansions?
I do currently play retail, I have been playing since the first cataclysm expansion.

7) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands?
I have about 6 years worth of game master and customer service experience on both wow servers and general gaming communities. I am fluent with trinity core commands and know them by heart. I started out my journey as a GM back on Astralwow ... I was one of the GM's there when the server closed down. I was also a GM back on WowReach and yet again, was a manager there when the server closed. On and off I've been helping out small servers test, but all these small overnight servers seem to close down as fast as they pretty much sprung up. I am currently looking for a server I can give all my attention, experience and help to, without having to worry about it closing down soon. WowMortal seems to be pretty well established and a great community.

8) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the WoWMortal Staff Team and what do you bring to an already thriving Staff Team?
I feel that I have alot ot offer any server out there who would take my help. I have never expected anything in return for my work and help on servers as I do it for the love of doing it. I enjoy being able to assist a person and gaining the feeling of doing a good deed (even if it's just a game). What I can bring to the already existing and thriving staff team is my experience, patience and a good sense of humour. Even as a trial GM, you can still teach a head GM a few tricks ;)

9) Briefly describe yourself within 350 or less words. (Please include your first name, where you live(+time zone), your personal interests and your age).
Well I am 24 in a few days, my name is Melisse (yes I am female) and I live in South-Africa. (+2 GMT). My interests are anything to do with technology and the build thereof (setting up TS servers, setting up tables for GM commands in the DB, etc etc). Like I have mentioned above, I am looking for a stable server to call my new home. A work home that is.

10) Anything you would like to add? (optional question)
I really hope that my application will be reviewed in the same light as all the others even though I have not been a part of this good looking community yet. I can understand the issue with it though and I am willing to prove my worth here.

Scenario Questions [Mandatory]

1. A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself, such as original Legendary Weapons, how do you respond?
I would kindly reply to him/ her that these items are not to be given by the staff team (depending on server rules) and that they are available to players by a raid group in the according raid. (To the items). I would also help the player in explaining how the raid works, if he / she is not familiar with it.

2. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?
As a trial GM, I would refer the ticket to a GM with ban powers and have them handle it from there. As a GM with the ban command, I would firstly warn the player to stop and if the player continues with his behaviour, I would ban him for 3 days (depending on server rules).

3. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?
Firstly I would take a screenshot of the person actually hacking, I would then freeze him and if possible move him to an isolated area (where other players cannot see him) for a higher ranked GM to handle the situation from there.

4. Your friends are asking you to host an Event so they're able to get a new mount or another available reward they currently do not have, how do you proceed?
Discuss this with the GM / Staff in charge of events and make this an event where the whole server's players can also stand a chance to win the prize. As staff, you have to be fair and equal to all players, not just your friends.

5. You first come online and you notice that there are 2 other Staff Members online yet there is still a high number of tickets active but have remained un-answered, what would you do to help but avoid the same situation in the future?
I would do the tickets that I am able to do firstly and after that I would report the situation to the Head Game Master and have him // her handle the situation from there.

I really hope I answered the questions here to the staff's liking. I hope to hear from WowMortal soon.

Regards,
Xaye.

TopRi
08-17-2015, 06:49 PM
you havent played on the server yet = no experience with all the trolls / hackers / abusers etc...

No Support.

Marmelad
08-17-2015, 06:51 PM
grill gamer from SA xd no support

Trikky
08-17-2015, 06:51 PM
No support...

Krill
08-17-2015, 06:53 PM
"pretty well established and a great community."

You will be in for an extremely rude awakening if you become a GM.

On top of that, you have 1 post and no characters.

Even though the app seemed decent, i can't give support for the amount of posts and time alone.

Dangar
08-17-2015, 09:06 PM
2) What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?
Currently I have no characters on your realms that I aware of.

Application : Denied

Just because our requirements at the moment aren't as strict as usual doesn't mean they're not there.

~ Purpley