PDA

View Full Version : Pnemons's Gamemaster's Application [EU]

Pnemon
08-19-2015, 04:54 PM
1) Which realm are you applying for?
Realm Destiny 4.3.4

2) What are your In-game character names [Names that players would most know you by]?
Pnemon

3) How long have you currently been with us on WoWMortal and what are your contributions up to this point?
I've been playing WoWMortal for almost a month now, but my experience with private servers goes much further than that.

4) What is your timezone?
UTC +00:00

5) How many hours do you spend In-game on a day to day basis?
On my main character Pnemon, I have around 3 days of gametime that I've played so far. The amount of time I spend ingame varies however it's usually around 3-4 hours.

6) Have or do you currently play Retail, if so; how long and which expansions?
I've played Retail since WOTLK, after cataclysm came out, I swayed towards private servers. Since then, I've been switched back and forth between the too up until recently when I decided to quit retail.

7) Do you have any previous Gamemaster experience and how fluent are you with Trinity Core commands?
Whilst being modest, I can safely say that I know the commands inside and out.

8) Why do you feel that you would be a good addition to the WoWMortal Staff Team and what do you bring to an already thriving Staff Team?
This is a difficult question to answer since I don't already know what the current thriving team, is like. However, what I can say are my strengths and what I hope to bring to the team. I'm enthuthiastic, open minded and have a strong sence of justice. Strenghts which I believe are important for any GM.

9) Briefly describe yourself within 350 or less words.
I'm 17, my name is Daniel, but you guys can call me Dan. I live in the UK; other than the poor weather, it's not too bad here. I enjoy music, art and sport; in particular tennis. I've just finished my first year in Sixth Form where I studied Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Music Technology and I'm really looking forward to the next year.... *cough*boring*cough*. But yeah, that more or less sums me up and if accepted I'll be looking forward to joining the team. :)

10) Anything you would like to add? (optional question)
Not particularly.

Scenario Questions [Mandatory]

1. A Player makes a ticket asking you to give him items because he is unable to get them himself, such as original Legendary Weapons, how do you respond?
Unfortunately, if I were to give him the items that would be abuse of power. What I would do is clearly explain to him that I nor any other GM on this server will would do that for him. I would also try to explain other possible alternatives to acquiring said gear. Perhaps even consider hsoting an event with the items as a reward.

2. You have muted a player for being disrespectful towards the Staff, he then makes a Ticket cussing, insulting and persistently insults you and/or other staff members, what do you do?
First, I will warn him and say if he carries on with it, he will meet the consequences. If he does continue, I will be forced to take further action on the player. Consequences include: Kick, temporary character ban, temportary account ban, Permanent character ban, permanent account ban and permanent IP ban.

3. You find a player hacking on our Server, what do you do to minimize the situation, if you're unable to ban him?
Depending on the powers i have ingame, I would freeze the player immedieately to prevent him from hacking. Secondly I'll disconnect him from the server and continue doing so if he persues the same thing on other characters.

4. Your friends are asking you to host an Event so they're able to get a new mount or another available reward they currently do not have, how do you proceed?
If i'm about to go ahead with making an event so that a friend can acquire an item, that suggests that I'd be quite biased on picking the winner perhaps even abuse of power. Because of this, I wouldn't immediately host the event. I'd let it simmer. The next day or perhaps the day after, I'll host the event with said reward because I understand that it's only for a bit of fun. Even if I did host the event immediatly, they'd have to fairly acquire it in the same way every other player participating in the event will have to as well.

5. You first come online and you notice that their are 2 other Staff Members online yet there is still a high number of tickets active but have remained un-answered, what would you do to help but avoid the same situation in the future?
I would mention it to the 2 other staff members. They may be already preoccupied with something else. If they weren't, I'd make a point of telling them thet they were slacking off and to help me with these tickets. If they were preoccupied, then the only thing I can do is to start helping people with their tickets.

Thank you for reading my application. I hope you take it into great consideration.

Kind Regards,
-Pnemon

Trikky
08-19-2015, 05:32 PM
The fact that SO many people are applying for staff positions and DON'T meet the requirements is absolutely ridiculous. If people really want to help the server, they would at least make sure to meet all of the qualifications. You're breaking two rules already; you need to have at least 20 quality posts as well as having to be here for more than 1 month, both of which you don't have and weren't. I realize that there are exceptions that can be made in certain cases, but all I'm seeing now is people who don't meet each requirement getting accepted. Why even have the rules in the first place if nobody is going to bother reading them?
On topic: no support. I don't think you're fit to be a GM.

Pnemon
08-19-2015, 05:39 PM
On topic: no support. I don't think you're fit to be a GM.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm going to have to disagree with you though. I know that I have what it takes to become a GM because I have been a GM many times in the past. However, I understand your point, I should have clearly understood the requirements before applying but as you said, there are some acceptions.

Trikky
08-19-2015, 05:42 PM
http://forums.wowmortal.com/denied/15108-trikkys-helper-application.html

I've been a GM across 3 different servers (including this one) and accepted into staff teams of 2 other servers. I still got denied even though I knew I was fit to be a staff member. It doesn't matter what you think you're capable of doing; it's the staff team's decision and that's final.

You broke another rule of applying to your own application to not only defend yourself, but to present an argument - something a staff member should be ending, not initiating.

Pnemon
08-19-2015, 05:49 PM
http://forums.wowmortal.com/denied/15108-trikkys-helper-application.html

I've been a GM across 3 different servers (including this one) and accepted into staff teams of 2 other servers. I still got denied even though I knew I was fit to be a staff member. It doesn't matter what you think you're capable of doing; it's the staff team's decision and that's final.

You broke another rule of applying to your own application to not only defend yourself, but to present an argument - something a staff member should be ending, not initiating.

You may have been a GM in other servers, yes. You may have a vast amount of knowledge about private servers as well, and the rules for applications. However, you are not a GM now and as you said, this is for a GM to judge not an ordinary player. In no way am I trying to start an argument here, it's simply an exchange of different perspectives.

Jimusa
08-19-2015, 06:00 PM
You don't meet any of the requirements, your forum account is fairly new and your activity is low.
Also, replying to your own application (specifically to try and "defend" yourself) won't make it any better or more likely to be accepted.

Wushoolay
08-19-2015, 06:17 PM
Big no support from me.

Pnemon
08-19-2015, 07:02 PM
You don't meet any of the requirements, your forum account is fairly new and your activity is low.
Also, replying to your own application (specifically to try and "defend" yourself) won't make it any better or more likely to be accepted.

I understand what you mean about the requirements which I should have definitely thought of beforehand, however, what is done is done.

Seeing as that is all you can comment on in my application, I can safely assume that everything else is ok. I guess I can halt my application until I meet said requirements however, an admin will need to judge this properly before I go on with this.

Thank you for your opinion.

MustafaAnswer
08-19-2015, 07:16 PM
u arent meant to comment on ur own app

dont meet requirements u have been here for about a week

no support

James
08-23-2015, 06:23 AM
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet (http://imgur.com/nAvpRli)

he clearly has a problem with me because i'm a fly

no support

bl00ds3eker
08-23-2015, 08:13 AM
Lol nope. No support.

Doctor X
08-23-2015, 08:37 AM
Application Status: DENIED