PDA

View Full Version : cheat death is broken

Drirevith
06-04-2016, 09:19 AM
class: rogue
spec: subtlety
talent: cheat death

three bugs:

- sometimes cheat death doesn't proc at all, even if it hasn't procced in the last 90 seconds, this usually happens when i'm in a stun.
- cheat death doesn't bring you to 10% of your hp
- cheat death does reduce some damage, but not 80% for 3 seconds like it should.

virtualnab
06-04-2016, 04:22 PM
- sometimes cheat death doesn't proc at all, even if it hasn't procced in the last 90 seconds, this usually happens when i'm in a stun.

agreed

- cheat death doesn't bring you to 10% of your hp
- cheat death does reduce some damage, but not 80% for 3 seconds like it should.
disagreed

lets read again:
attacks which WOULD OTHERWISE KILL YOU will instead reduce you to 10%.
for example, you have ~30% of your hp left, somebody hits you 100k, you will be left with your 10% of your hp, not more, not less
if for example you have 10k hp left, sombody hits you for 9999 damage, cheat death still won't proc, bad luck
you may think that the damage reduction does not work, but wowmortal mechanics are weird, so for example if a frost mage casts a frostbolt, once the frostbolt is casted and the bolt is on the way to hit you, and IF cheat death procs while that spell is flying in your face, the damage won't be changed.

the chances of cheat death not proccing is high against frost mages, ret palas, rogues with nokaled/vial: frost mages have spell delays, ret palas have hand of light(mastery), rogues with vial/nokaled have rng damage procs. all the mentioned things can ignore cheat death and kill you. yes it is a bug, it's the only thing that doesnt work as intended regarding this talent

Whitestag_
06-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Cheat death is especially buggy vs ret paladins I can confirm this.

Same **** happens with fire mage's cauterize