PDA

View Full Version : KONY 2012 - watch and share :) <3

lilly
03-07-2012, 01:19 PM
all of you.. theres one thing i want you to right at this moment.. i want you all to stop playing WoW, drinking that orange juice, mowing your lawn.. yes.. mowing your lawn.. i want you all to just stop and watch this video, some of you may have seen it, but by watching this, you are saving at least 10 lives, yes.. people you do not know, but because you dont know them, doesnt mean that they dont matter to someone else..

KONY 2012 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc&sns=fb)

..just..watch it, if you can, make a difference, alot of you wont bother, yes it goes for 30 minutes.. but you dont understand what your changing..
i encourage all of you, i will bump this thread from time to time.. if it hasnt been seen for a while, just to get the message through..
share this link with all social media sites, eg: facebook, twitter, youtube, google +1.. what ever you use, share it, some of you will probably comment badly on this thread, but i will personaly delete the comment. hate me for all i care.. make a difference

- Lillysaurs <3<3

Enb/Progon
03-07-2012, 02:04 PM
wow i'm not a person that likes to watch long video's, but i really think everyone should watch this because it contains a very important message. Everyone should have a change to live a normal life even the poor kids, it shouldn't matter where you've been born everyone is the same on this world wether you like it or not. I think it whas really good from you to share this lilly and i hope more people will agree with me and finally take some action against these people that do nothing but harm to humanity.

Emille
03-07-2012, 09:36 PM
OH JEEZ. It spread here too? EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IT'S ALL OVER THE PLACE! D:

I missed a day of school and apparently representatives came to my school to share about this. Seeing how I was a lazy butt and missed it I have no clue what it's about.. DAMN IT. I'll watch it when I get home from school. DON'T SPOIL THE SURPRISE!

lilly
03-08-2012, 01:29 AM
It's a good tug that it's all over the place, it's for a good cause.. If I loved in the us, I'd go to that thing over night to put the posters up, but.. I can't cos well... I live in Australia.

Emille
03-08-2012, 04:05 AM
I knew it was for Invisible Children, but not exactly what "Kony 2012" is ..

I live in small town that probably nobody has heard of in the U.S.. but then again there's a **** ton too, but the only posters that are hung around here are these bulletin board sized that are about how the government is corrupt and that it needs to change and all the blah blah stuff.

Side note:

That movie that they wanted everyone to know about - It was shown during a class of mine....NOTHING like what has/is happening in Uganda should be shared here or anywhere..

Oh and btw, Lilly - On behalf of you; I'll plaster where ever with those posters. I am asking a few people now if we could go to a big city for that day instead of the small town here, but I think I would seeing how we have influential people.. I'll just make sure I target their house ;)

Selenee
03-08-2012, 10:11 AM
can someone please tell me what this video is all about? Youtube is blocked for me , I can't watch :/

Emille
03-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Invisible Children is an organization that originates from Uganda, Africa. Basically this video is about is trying to raise awareness against a man named "Joseph Kony" who is the leader of a group called the L.R.A. They abduct children from their parents and train them to do horrific things. IE; Mutilate people, Kill their own parents/friends, help abduct others and a lot more. Pretty much if you refuse do to what they tell you to do, you die as well, and I might add - the children are as young ( I want to say ) as 4.

They want to spread the word about what he's doing and help get people involved in their cause so the public can get the attention of Congress to help get him captured/arrested.

But the video is almost 30 minutes long and it talks in more detail about what he does and how to help get involved and such.

Selenee
03-08-2012, 10:26 AM
oh so it's just another guy like Bin laden and etc.

Emille
03-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Oh, I might add, if I can remember correctly - over 30,000 children have been affected by this group.

And another horrific thing, they use the woman as sex slaves.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

Jeez I hate this editing problem :/

- Pretty much Bin Laden is known for terrorism. I don't think Kony has done anything against other countries, mainly I think he's doing within Africa and other places where he is considered "safe"

Selenee
03-08-2012, 10:46 AM
there are indeed horrible , I don't know enough proof about it cause as I said I can't watch the video but if the kony dude is a guy to be blamed , we should take a step back.

Africa has the poorest counties and areas. People are pretty poor , and Civil war is pretty famous and usual between African people , you can see in news , people , women , man , children sometimes holding guns and guarding an area , many of the populations there got no government or any sort of leader , if there is a leader. it's choosen by other qualities. Africa should be one of the most modern and riches areas on the earth , cause it's sleeping on million of Diamond Mines and caves .

So why it's not rich? ofc ignorance and people like this kony are important , but we should take a look who's really behind this , what country has plans for this . who's really supplying them and giving out orders , if such massive slavery is out there , it would have been crushed on first notice , don't think it would really need any support from the people. I mean IT"S LITERALLY SLAVERY! we are talking about .

I'm not trying to offend anyone from any nationality here but over the years many countries like England Looted the Artifacts , Diamond mines and many many things from Africa, clearly mentioned in history . This is still going on , with more cover on it .
and maybe if we knew what Kony is thinking , we wouldn't demand death for him , Maybe he's tired of being slave to other country's lootings and orders . Maybe he wants his people to fight back in any way they can . I'm not supporting him in any way cause even if you want to Fight back to such stuff , you shouldn't use children and women or any form of slavery.

But still if we gonna take him out , we gotta see who's really behind all of these. Why When 1 great terrorist like Bin laden dies , others are born . where are they coming from , who's training them , who's spreading hate between Muslims and even Christans while they are both mentioned as good people in their Bibles and Quran.

Anyway tnx for sharing lilly , even tho I can't watch and tnx emiile for explaining . not gonna talk more cause people get bored reading what I write .

Emille
03-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Well to be honest, if they're bored of reading it then they shouldn't get involved because it's complicated and people are able to express their opinion.

Like you said about Africa - There's this one movie that was made about it's diamonds which is actually true believe it or not. It's called "Blood Diamond" with Leonardo DiCaprio ( Titanic, Inception, Shutter Island and others ) Leonardo DeCaprio (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000138/) ( If you're can see it )

There's a lot wrong with the word and not a lot of people would like to see the worst of it but there are some who are wanting it to stop and are trying to get the help of others to bring it to an end.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

world not word .. Eff this stupid edit !!

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

OH.. and another edit - E-M-I-L-L-E

Please and thank you :)

Selenee
03-08-2012, 11:09 AM
It's much appreciated by all when people try to make this world a better place , But as Fallout always says : War never changes .

it also never stops , maybe for a while but it's going even undercover . What leads of world wide wars when so many people only want peace .

Only End for war and any Crime against nature and Abomination around world is judgment day.

lilly
03-08-2012, 02:28 PM
well that was interesting to read, a convo between you two without a fight involved, gratz :3
anyway, thanks for clearing it up emille :D
yeah, basically this guy kony is doing terrible things that i could only image, and the US army got involved to get this guy imprisoned but if the us cant find him and noone supports this cause they will drop out, so as long as there is ALOT (and ive seen alot of support latly) the us will keep tracking him untill these crimes are stopped..

Mylene
03-08-2012, 08:24 PM
In my opinion, this is more likely Africa's fault not just England and the people. For example, if you try to do one of the things that this Kony guy has done in my country I'll bet you'll get caught very soon. It's all about the government, not just the people who are suffering to do these things. If Africa would unite and stand together against crimes then It would become as peaceful as my country. Oh and, no offense Selenee but your opinion about wars never ending is just negative thoughts. If everybody would realize all the wrong things they've done then there wouldn't be any fights going on in the world.
Btw, I've also seen that Blood Diamond film and it is touching but it delivers a great message so you all should really take a look at it.
Thanks for the share Lilly, I've been wondering what this KONY film is all about and now I know.

Colander
03-08-2012, 08:29 PM
If Y'all became aware of this know. Then DAFUQ?

Kraxxath
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Wars have existed since beginning of times. Not even single decade have been in complete peace. It is always been different human groups colliding for interest of resources or for idealistic differences. There is a cure for peace...

making weed mandatory to smoke for all populace (with sophisticated methods like vaporizing minimizes almost all health hazards!)OK?? /jk
This planet has already tools for getting food for everyones table. The System unfortunately is very complex and is based on that pyramid structure where bankers can buy politics. etc.

But to the film. It is nice to notice that people spreading information in grassroot level can actually change things. It is great achievment indeed to get president and members of congress to turn head. I hope that this invisible children movement continues to other conflicts around the world when Kony gets caught. Syria, Palestine, Sudan etc.