fools because they have to say
      something.” - Plato

I am:
      Cool

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level

Pnemon's Animal Ret Pladin PvP Guide

What's up guys, thought I'd make a basic Ret PvP guide for beginners.

NOTE: This is just my own special hybrid Mastery/Crit build for maximum sustainable damage in BGs, Arena and for the PvP animals, Gurubashi. You can use it as a guideline to find your own preferred play style.

Glyphs:

Prime Glyphs

• Glyph of the Templars Verdict
      • Seal of Truth
      • Glyph of Judgement/Glyph of World of Glory

Major Glyphs

• Glyph of Rebuke
      • Glyph of Hammer of Justice
      • Glyph of Cleanse/Glyph of Divine Protection

Minor Glyphs​​

• Glyph of Blessing of Kings
      • Glyph of Blessing of Might
      • Glyph of Truth

Talents:

This is my current Ret PvP talent build. I've highlighted the main ones to look out for above, which are:

• Seals of the Pure - Increases your damage done by your Seal of Truth by which is one of the primary sources for damage done as a paladin.
      • Eternal Glory - We all know how insane World of Glory heals are for paladins in this patch. Having a 30% chance for your WoG to cost no
        holy power helps out a lot with survivability whilst complimented with sustainable damage because the hp that would have been spent for your WoG, can go straight to your Templars Verdict.
      • Guardian's Favor - Important for arenas. The Hand of Freedom buff that this talent gives isn't that useful since we already have Act of Sacrifice but the decreased cooldown buff that we get on Hand of Protection is really helpful in pressuring situations in Arenas.
      • The Art of War - Depending on your playstyle you may not want to chose this talent. It doesn't proc often, but when it does... B@#ches get f@!cked a serious note though, it's really helpful vs casters and will help sustain your damage even when you're out of holy power.

Gear:

Mainset:

• Helmet of Radiant Glory/Cataclysmic Gladiator's Scaled Helm
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Scaled Shoulders
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Scaled Chestpeice
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Scaled Gauntlets
      • Legplates of Radiant Glory/Cataclysmic Gladiator's Scaled Leggaurds

I'm currently a PVP/PVE Hybrid using 2/5 PvE parts and the rest PvP because of the sweet set bonus you get from the PvE set. The bonus you get is "Your Judgement ability now also generates 1 holy power". This is great for that additional boost in generating holy power which is good for damage and off healling, but on the other hand, you will be sacrificing resillience.

I've seen a lot of paladins with either the PvE Gauntlents or Shoulders, but I go for the helmet for the expertise. I'll explain why that's important in the reforge section of this tutorial. As long as you make sure you Gem and reforge properly, it shouldn't matter too much which part you go for.

Offset:

• Cataclysmic Gladiator's Armplates of Aclarity
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Girfle of Cruelty
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Warboots of Proficiency

The offsets are quite straightforward, Primary stats are Strength>Crit>hit>mastery>expertise.

Cloak and Jewellery:

• Cataclysmic Gladiator's Chocker of Accuracy
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Cloak of Prowess
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Relic of Conquest
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Signet of Cruelty
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Signet of Accuracy
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Insignia of Victory
      • Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Victory

Once again, quite straightforward. If you've gone for 2/5 PvE parts, I'd suggest sticking to the PVP trinkets for the resillience. You want your resillience to be above 4.5k. If you're using 5/5 PvP parts, then I would suggest exploring with some PvE trinkets such as Creche of the Final Dragon.

Weapons:

• Cataclysmic Gladiator's Mainsword

• Experimental Specimen Slicer
      • Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps

The standard PVP weapon would be a suitable choice if you're a PVP/PVE hybrid. Because of the PVE gear mixed in with your set, you have lower resillience, and to compensate, a better decision would be to go for the cataclysmic gladiator's mainsword. If you're one of those guys who doesn't give a f@ck about resil and just wants to push damage to the max, then the experimental speciment slicer and Gurthalak would be a good choice. The Experimental Speciment slicer boosts your Crit and Mastery by a lot; you will definitely see change in your damage. The Gurthalak seems like an ordinary weapon at first, but when it procs.... B@#ches get f@!cked.

Reforge and Gems[IMPORTANT]:

How you reforge is what separates a good paladin with an even better one.

Above is a screenshot of my what my unbuffed stats are currently looking like. I've highlighted the spot you should be focusing on most when you're reforging and Gemming.

Reforge and Gemming is purely determined on what gear build you've gone for but the most important things are your hit, expertise, crit and mastery.
      Make sure your hit is at least 5%, your expertise capped at at least 21 (remember that you also have Glyph of Seal of Truth which increases your expertise by 10) and the rest reforge to crit and mastery.

Personally, I went for a mix of a bit of crit and mastery, fully buffed I'm on 13% crit and mastery which works well for me at the moment.

And that's it for my guide... for now at least. If you have any additions/improvements, don't be shy to comment. Hope this has helped some of you guys out

-Pnemon
      Attached Images Attached Images
      Last edited by Pnemon; 08-31-2015 at 07:11 AM.

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 328
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Social1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Secret

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Nice guide

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
      Overall activity: 14.0%
      Achievements:
      7 days registered100 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Decent guide.

You're also playing a haste build (not recommended), and the helmet gives you far too much Expertise, Glyph of Seal of Truth already gives you enough expertise.
      You should be using the Shoulder/Leggings if you're playing Vanguards, and Gloves/Leggings if you're playing any other comp.

Quick tip, try to gem hit and reforge away hit to crit. Since it's Hit > Crit > Mastery > Expertise
      You don't need to gem resilience either unless you think you're really squishy.

Consider using a 1H/Shield too, since it really helps against bursty comps since you can block/dodge/parry more often in my experience.
      I've also reforged my shield to parry for the extra, and same story for my 1H.

Everything else that I haven't noted look good, and if you don't mind me asking what your highest arena rating in 2s/3s?
      Other than that the guide was a 4/10

4. Likes Pnemon, faithfulness liked this post
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 227
      Achievements:
      100 Experience Points31 days registeredTagger Second Class
      is “Wise men speak because
      they have something to say;
      fools because they have to say
      something.” - Plato

I am:
      Cool

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Quote Originally Posted by Welcome View Post
      Decent guide.

You're also playing a haste build (not recommended), and the helmet gives you far too much Expertise, Glyph of Seal of Truth already gives you enough expertise.
      You should be using the Shoulder/Leggings if you're playing Vanguards, and Gloves/Leggings if you're playing any other comp.

Quick tip, try to gem hit and reforge away hit to crit. Since it's Hit > Crit > Mastery > Expertise
      You don't need to gem resilience either unless you think you're really squishy.

Consider using a 1H/Shield too, since it really helps against bursty comps since you can block/dodge/parry more often in my experience.
      I've also reforged my shield to parry for the extra, and same story for my 1H.

Everything else that I haven't noted look good, and if you don't mind me asking what your highest arena rating in 2s/3s?
      Other than that the guide was a 4/10
      Thanks, I realised that I was using the wrong wrists which was causing my expertise to be lower that I really wanted. I've now switched to shoulders and playing vanguards style as you said. Never really thought to play with 1h and shield as a ret, I'll have try it out some time. I haven't yet managed to push past the 2k barrier on this server but my highest rating has been 2.3k in 2s on retail a couple years back.

I've also been experimenting with a stun build, what do you think of it?
      [SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 38
      Overall activity: 14.0%
      Achievements:
      7 days registered100 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Quote Originally Posted by Pnemon View Post
      Thanks, I realised that I was using the wrong wrists which was causing my expertise to be lower that I really wanted. I've now switched to shoulders and playing vanguards style as you said. Never really thought to play with 1h and shield as a ret, I'll have try it out some time. I haven't yet managed to push past the 2k barrier on this server but my highest rating has been 2.3k in 2s on retail a couple years back.

I've also been experimenting with a stun build, what do you think of it?
      [SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]
      Build is looking good! 2.3k rating isn't half bad, looking forward to when you make a more updated/indepth guide!

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 337
      Overall activity: 18.0%
      Achievements:
      SocialYour first GroupCreated Album picturesOverdrive10000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered
      is L M K X

I am:
      Secret

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level

My Social Networking

Follow Gyezh On Twitter Add Gyezh on Facebook
      Visit Gyezh's Youtube Channel
      Not bad, but there are other possible optimization.

8. Likes truestorex liked this post
      Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,447
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      Achievements:
      SocialTagger Second ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Good guide, after I finish by holy set I will be looking into starting on a ret set. Bookmarked, great job!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 39
      Overall activity: 19.0%
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      not bad, gg

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 676
      Achievements:
      SocialRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      is a living legend.

I am:
      Sneaky

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Nice guide mate.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 338
      Achievements:
      1 year registered1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      1) Well, Sanctiity of Battle sucks hard This talent is NOT recommended. At all. You will never get enough haste..ever.

2) Using helm is dumb because there are way better parts > Shoulders + legs. Some ppl use hands + legs but I think it's dumb as well - you lose hit but more importantly - 5% crusader damage + your hit and you will get cca 25 expertise (with shoulders reforged into crit) which is waste of stats I suppose.

3) Glyph of Turn Evil is must-have on Mortal, cuz like 99,99% are DK's > Turn Evil goyle/pet/Dk under the effect of lichborne (Yep, they're retarded, they don't know how to /cancelaura)

4) Stun build is nice but it's suitable just against some comps and when you're playing with healer. When you're running 2 dps's then Last Word is must-have talent. (:

5) Using Haste bracers is bad - Everyone should prefer expertise one (PvP) or 410 (PvE) with Mastery/Crit.

Pretty much what I wanted to say..

Gl & hf in game

13. Likes faithfulness liked this post