• Mehhhh
  • Pirate
  • Poor
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • WTF
  • View Poll Results: Which option below do you choose?

Voters
    31. This poll is closed
    • Option 1

3 9.68%
    • Option 2

2 6.45%
    • Option 3

16 51.61%
    • Option 4

10 32.26%
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Faction Balance

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 6,906
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      SocialVeteran1 year registered50000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassTagger First Class
      is online.

I am:
      Happy

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level

Faction Balance

For obvious reasons humans dominate WoWMortal. To balance factions so we can add and improve world PvP please vote on one of the above suggestions.

Option 1: Give all races the spell "Every Man for Himself" + add a new custom balanced passive for humans + Free faction change for all players.

Option 2: Disable the spell "Every Man for Himself" + Free faction change for all players.

Option 3: Add new and different incentives for horde only players.

Option 4: Keep everything the way it is.

Please discuss below.

2. Likes Trikky, Sickwave liked this post
      Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 328
      Achievements:
      Social1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Secret

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      I am so shocked that this is coming from Docx. What are hell are you thinking? With all due respect, I think this is the worst idea coming from you.

I chose option 4, Keep everything as it is.
      Last edited by Diamante; 09-03-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 6,906
      Achievements:
      SocialVeteran1 year registered50000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassTagger First Class
      is online.

I am:
      Happy

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Quote Originally Posted by Diamante View Post
      I am so shocked that this is coming from Docx. What are hell are you thinking? With all due respect, I think this is the worst idea coming from you.

I chose option 4, Keep everything as it is.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at least give a reason to why you think this is such a terrible idea.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Secret

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X View Post
      Everyone is entitled to their opinion but at least give a reason to why you think this is such a terrible idea.
      Most of the WG players know what happened after removing every man for himself. It's as if the 'Human race' Was extinct. It'd be pointless if i gave you an actual reason here in this thread, Maybe somewhere else where we can talk privately.
      Last edited by Diamante; 09-03-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 1,174
      Achievements:
      SocialVeteranRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupCreated Album pictures5000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassOverdrive
      is brewing a cup of green tea
      with some honey~

I am:
      Geeky

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level

My Social Networking

Follow dofel On Twitter Add dofel on Facebook
      Visit dofel's Youtube Channel
      One thing that come to my mind is how Wintergrasp work. When one side is overpopulated, the other one got a buff called Tenacity. At least, this can be applied to faction mall assault, like 20 alliance assaulting 5 horde.

Option 1 and 2 is big NO from me, while option 3 looks tempting.

For the time being, FREE faction change is very welcomed.

If option 3 is well executed, i think we can get some alliance to horde in no time.

So, im with no 3!

7. Likes Doctor X liked this post
      Jimusa Guest
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I would like to make a suggestion to buff the horde racials in a fashion like they did on retail in 6.2 ( I believe it was this patch ), this wouldn't be gamebreaking in any way but it would attract more players to the horde population and hopefully make a more 40-60 population rather than a 80-20 or 70-30 population like it is now.

For example you could buff the cooldowns or some of the effects of e.g: Blood Fury, Goblin Rockets(increase damage on the rocket or make a shorter cooldown on the rocket jump), and furthermore changing the passive racials that they gain, because at the moment the only "good" passive racial you can get for PvP is the stun reduction from the Orc, or for PvE the passive Haste for goblins, so this would be something to possibly look into.

You could also change the way some of them work if you don't actually want to give them a direct buff, so i.e: You could make the Troll passive give you reduced root rotations too instead of just slows, or make fears last 10-15% less on Undead (they had a similar effect back in vanilla or alpha I think where they were immune to fears).

Blood Elves could have a passive spell damage increase by only a percent or two, Goblins could have a passive increased movement speed by like 8-10%, just minor stuff like these.

Please don't take these suggestions literally, as I was only demonstrating a few examples of what they could look like, not what would actually be the best.

9. Likes Doctor X liked this post
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Secret

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Quote Originally Posted by FunnyGuy View Post
      When i start playing wow i based my faction choice entirely on what race i thought it looks cooler at that time. And that was an undead.
      When choosing your faction, estetics is an important factor to consider because you don't want to pick a race that you think it looks retarted later down on the line. On our server we have things like morph npc, tabards that modify the appearance of our characters so logically ppl pref to go for human racial.
      Things that would really matter on other server or retail in picking up an faction don't matter here(estetics, leveling zones, lore etc).
      So i guess the only factors to take in consideration on Mortal are the effectiveness of the racials and what faction your friends are.
      Bottom line:
      ---------------
      Sure i can add some bonuses to horde races to make them more apealing. But issn't that the exact same reason ppl go for Human race already?
      The only problem on Mortal is the quality of players. They all like to see big numbers, procs etc. They don't realise that you dont really need that "extra" trinket to do good in pvp. Bare in mind that "extra" trinket issn't really extra at all. Most of players go one pve trinket and one on use pvp. But they loose almoust 500 resilience along with that option. We all know procs are not reliable in pvp, and a well used "on use" pvp trinket is always the strongest burst option if you know how to time it. I can see most players go for tailoring for the back proc enchant. Idk how they don't see that if that procs where you are kited or cced or you jsut can't damage your opponent in those precious seconds, then you just wasted the profesion bonus.
      Factions are mostly a personal option, who goes for human race at alliance because of "omg op free trinket" are mostly noobs and they don't know how to use the other racials smartly. I can prove you any time of the day how a Night Elf mage can easy beat a Human mage just because he uses his racial at the right time, in the right situation.
      I tell you what will happen if we add bonuses to horde races: everyone moves to horde then we remove the bonuses, everyone goes right to alliance again. Unless we are to keep the bonuses permanently.
      Enough said.

Jimusa Guest
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

So keep the permanently, as long as they aren't ridiculously overpowered or overtuned I don't see any other problem than the usual "no blizzlike" qq, that we all know is bs anyways.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 722
      Overall activity: 64.0%
      Achievements:
      SocialVeteranTagger Second Class5000 Experience Points
      is Frick

I am:
      Awesome

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      A major issue on every single server that I've seen is faction balance. I won't name any server names for obvious reasons, but humans are so dominant on all of them because their racial simply gives extra trinket slots, meaning you can get another trinket to increase your damage (should be fairly obvious without explanation). I don't think the first two options will provide much balance to faction population; in fact, if Every Man For Himself was removed or added to all races, I think most players would be playing as Orc/Undead because of the free burst CD/Fear trinket, respectively.

I think faction balance is an important issue here because all I see are humans, regardless of class, and it does get annoying to have a 20 minute wait time for a BG queue as alliance. I think option 3 is the best; I really, really don't want to see this realm take the path of Armageddon in the sense that custom items were added for donation, but honestly at this point I don't really see any other option. I have a couple of ideas:

1. Temporary stat buffs for all Horde players - I think this would be quite effective because players will of course want more stats on their character(s). The buff could be removed when the staff team feels that the factions are nearly balanced. However I don't think this is the most game-balanced way to balance the population of the two factions, as added stats can get in the way of buffing/nerfing spells for developers and just simply provide an advantage for players who just so happen to be Horde.

2. Daily events for faction-specific players - This would be a great incentive for players to roll horde characters (as well as Alliance characters, of course). If you started to do these events, I recommend enacting many more Horde events than Alliance events. (If anyone brings up that it's unfair to host events for only Horde players, tell them it's unfair to not make a Horde character and participate in one of them.)

3. World bosses for Horde players only - Not really sure what these would drop, but the loot tables should include something that provides a pretty above average incentive to roll Horde on some of your characters. Of course, you could add world bosses for Alliance players too, but definitely make these world bosses able to be attacked by one faction, but not the other.

Not sure if any of them would really work or if you are going to use any of them, but PM me if you need help with anything (seriously). Best of luck.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 124
      Achievements:
      31 days registered250 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Secret

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Honestly none of that is good. If you remove Humans racial they will become the worst class because their passive racials suck, Orc would dominate because they already have best racial passive in game - Hardiness. In my opinion you should either change nothing and give players free faction change from alliance to horde or give every class " Every man for himself" and give all races same racial lassives.