• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • WTF
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open debate

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 203
      Overall activity: 99.2%
      Achievements:
      OverdriveSocialTagger First Class5000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Because some players donated for them. Stay on topic.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      31 days registered
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      It's not about the new players, it's about the utility of those items. I think that battleground coins are fine, they are easy to obtain and comes up with a lot of advantages (titles, elite gear). I think that Box of Spirit Shards should remain the same because that's how we got used to. Throughout the playing time, new people will realise that they're the main currency of the server. (advertising items in the world chat in exchange for boxes), like, it's already crystal clear.
      I am not so convinced about the Apexis Crystal's and Shards. There are not many ways of obtaining them nor spend them on something useful. It should get removed or either find them a better use (visual shirts, currency, fishing etc.)

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 203
      Overall activity: 99.2%
      Achievements:
      OverdriveSocialTagger First Class5000 Experience PointsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      There are plenty ways to get apexis items. And they are part of the elite cataclysmic item quests, relic items, a few shirts.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 15
      Overall activity: 22.0%
      Achievements:
      7 days registered
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      @Admin : Custom items cannot divide us my love, we will stay together...

5. Likes Quentin liked this post
      Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 566
      Overall activity: 63.0%
      Achievements:
      SocialTagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Pirate

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      I definently believe that there are too many currencies on the server, and I would imagine new players to find it fustrating to find that their bags are filled with stuff they do not understand the purpose of. There is also the quanitify of the currencies. It is not uncommon that players have thousands of souls, spirit shards, boxes and toxic bloods etc in bags.

One thing could be to simplify things majorly. 3 currencies only; WM Coin, PvP Coin, PvE Coin. 1 PvP coin for 1v1/2v2 arenas, 2 for 3v3, 3 for BGs won. 1 PvE coin for killing dungeon/raid mobs, 2 for bosses, 5 for world bosses. Artifact upgrades, mounts and transmogs given when you have farmed A HIGH number of each. I'm not saying this is the absolute system that should be implemented, but I believe it is a valid source to draw inspiration from. Perhaps even a premium currency; one that was really hard to get? Kind of like the current Essence currency for VIP members.

Furthermore is the impact of each currency. When I first started playing on WoWMortal, the only major currencies were Champions Writ and Souls. They were simple, and easy to get your head around. I believe it to be beneficial for the server if an ideal like this was to be worked towards again.

7. Likes Quentin, Ceffaelo liked this post
      Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
      Overall activity: 99.6%
      Achievements:
      7 days registered
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
      Imagine you're new here. And you don't know what's a BG coin, apexis shard, cystal etc nor how to get it.
      My question is: Are things too custom?

1. Should we remove custom currency as much as possible and return to costs based only on honor, conquest, valor and arena rating? Im only thinking to keep the box of spirit shards and to transform it in "WM Coin", as a single wm currency used by players to trade stuff, instead of gold and so. Would this make things easy for new players?

2. Should we remove solo 3v3 arena and stick with an rated 1v1 bracket? Since now ppl don't que much solo 3v3, i think the rated
      1v1 arena would be a lot more active and this would also encourage players to play normal 3v3 arena? Basicly just leave 1v1 rated arena that really counts for rewards at the end of the season.

Post your response, ideas, suggestions regarding this topic and how to get more players, below.

I think the custom currency is nice and its pretty much set in stone now. I can see how it would be overwhelming to a new player though so maybe a more streamlined version of what we have would suffice, would also give more incentive to go for certain things as they'd be available as WM coin instead of souls and spirit shards. Would definetly keep players here longer too.

I think removing soloq would be good, theres a 2-3 hour window where soloq is actually popular, and with soloq being an option nobody really ques 2v2 anymore so it basically kills it off in a way. Going back to rated 1v1's would be a better approach because then we'd be more wanting to que real 3v3 and so on. In short removing solo que would benefit everyone, it's quite toxic as it is because of certain players trolling etc. and would increase the amount of people playing 3s and 2s again, and ofcourse 1's when re added.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 418
      Overall activity: 99.0%
      Achievements:
      SocialTagger First Class1000 Experience Points1 year registered
      is Keep it real.

I am:
      Drunk

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      1 Question Answer: About the custom currency, there is a NPC which explains everything in details about the currency, but removing it and change it with the original currency will make the gameplay clean and smooth. +1 Support for this idea.
      2 Question Answer: I fully dont agree with those words " Since now ppl don't que much solo 3v3 " Evening time in server, this is the most played platform if we dont count Battlegrounds.
      There is a 2-3 teams playing for sure, we really like this content and it deversifies our playing at evening-times. No Support for this.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 79
      Overall activity: 82.0%
      Achievements:
      7 days registered
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Full Support , 1v1 arena it's better than 3v3 solo q ,

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 358
      Overall activity: 99.1%
      Achievements:
      SocialOverdriveRecommendation First ClassTagger First Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
      is -

I am:
      Happy

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
      Imagine you're new here. And you don't know what's a BG coin, apexis shard, cystal etc nor how to get it.
      My question is: Are things too custom?

1. Should we remove custom currency as much as possible and return to costs based only on honor, conquest, valor and arena rating? Im only thinking to keep the box of spirit shards and to transform it in "WM Coin", as a single wm currency used by players to trade stuff, instead of gold and so. Would this make things easy for new players?

2. Should we remove solo 3v3 arena and stick with an rated 1v1 bracket? Since now ppl don't que much solo 3v3, i think the rated
      1v1 arena would be a lot more active and this would also encourage players to play normal 3v3 arena? Basicly just leave 1v1 rated arena that really counts for rewards at the end of the season.

Post your response, ideas, suggestions regarding this topic and how to get more players, below.

Hello Admin, Been a while.

1- I believe you should remove the custom currency as much as possible.
      Custom Currencies were a creative way to keep players on the edge to keep the grind fresh and clean for the next possible item obtainable from this. Returning players and veterans of WoW Mortal will have a gradient to adapt to the changes made to the currency, whilst a new player will have to go through the struggle of reading the HOW to's and WHERE to's of the currency farming.
      During the Prime time of WM, the currencies were quite simple. Easy to grasp and identify. However, the grind required to obtain certain items were still the same. My argument lies purely with the fact that, no new player would " love " to read and adapt to the various currency systems in place. Infact as minute as this may sound, it goes a long way when a custom server, serving the purpose of a " fun " server takes it away by implementing just too much.

2- I don't think solo 3v3 arena should be removed. New players who engages in the solo queue may find themselves with another group of people who he/she is compatible with. They can discover/ make new friends this way. 3v3 can be emphasized and encouraged in a way that doesn't remove the chance of making new friends. I know the community of WM in it's current state is small, compared to it's prime time. But we shouldn't let go of what we could be.

How to get more players?
      - I had discussed this previously with Msoul and now you I guess. The server needs an investment to advertise itself on various platforms of Social media. I know the server already has some platforms set. But looking at them, it has something referred to as a " Ghost Audience ". To save this from happening we need scheduled video updates, either from players or from staff.

- Game Masters can be rewarded for recording content that allows the public to see how the engagements between players and GM's happen. We were always close with the player base, the same cannot be said for other servers. These videos are not usual and would strike interest in players.

- Some players use Twitch Stream to play their games on WM, these players can be contacted with and if their content is worthy we can promote their channels on Social Media so it benefits the player. Encourage the players to keep streaming and increases headcount for the number of visits to our forum/server.

The world is currently revolving around social media, everyone is connected to everyone. I believe we can return to the prime state we once were or even better. Just requires abit of an investment. From the playerbase and staff.

Good day!

12. Likes Joshgodex liked this post
      Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
      Overall activity: 99.6%
      Achievements:
      7 days registered
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Quote Originally Posted by Ceffaelo View Post

2- I don't think solo 3v3 arena should be removed. New players who engages in the solo queue may find themselves with another group of people who he/she is compatible with. They can discover/ make new friends this way. 3v3 can be emphasized and encouraged in a way that doesn't remove the chance of making new friends. I know the community of WM in it's current state is small, compared to it's prime time. But we shouldn't let go of what we could be.
      I mean aren't guilds for making friends? Having to play soloq with new players can be annoying as they may not even talk your language, have full gear or not even be able to gear correctly. Players who mainly want to PvP competitively don't have much choice anymore. Nobody seem's to que 2s, theres no more 1v1 option, so there's only soloque which is for a few hours in peak time. Removing soloq would improve the whole PvP aspect of the server greatly dont you think? There's enough guilds on here that would be more than happy to welcome new players, I myself have helped new players and became friends with them, if anything I've done the opposite of make friends in soloque. Also playing with people who don't have a clue what their doing is frustrating and when this happens alot, less people will que anyway, whereas if we had normal 2v2 arena back (due to the removal of soloq) and 1v1, even 3v3, players would be able to play with who they want etc.

It isn't all about making friend via soloque as there's plenty of ways to make friends here, especially if you take into account pre made BG groups, Guilds and even box farming and raids! Solo que was a good concept, but it isn't ideal for the population at this moment in time. Maybe at an earlier date when the server had much more people it would of been better but at the minute it's sort of just there. Feels like theres either only Battelgrounds or soloque. No actual arena games anymore, unless you go to alot of effort to get people to que!