• Sneaky
  • Tired
  • WTF
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We as people.

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 677
      Overall activity: 80.0%
      Achievements:
      SocialRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      is lost in space.

I am:
      Cool

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level

Thumbs down We as people.

You know what? This world isn't perfect. We as people are not perfect. Groups like the Illuminati and all those other extreme things are just the reality of today's society, but specific. It's not just these targets that are corrupt, it's us as people in general. How often can you look back into your past and not regret a single thing and say that you lived a great life and were faithful to everyone and everything. The saying nobody's perfect is cheesy, but cannot be any closer to the truth. I'm not saying that mass murderers like Hitler, Kony, or rapists are acceptable in our community.

I'm just trying to prove a point that in today's society, we have too many groups, too many categories. I am barely a senior in high school, but the way people segregate them selves is sickening. At my old school, people always were surprised that I didn't hang out with the "Asian crowd." That's because I don't to be singled to one "label"... I'm friends with everyone, not just a specific group.

When I moved to Corona, within the first week, people that I sit with to eat lunch with were already telling me, "Ohh you shouldn't hang out with him/her because they are such and such." To those people, **** YOU. Who the **** are you to separate your self from everyone else? Everyone talks about "equality" in society when you ignorant ****s can't even situate your self with everyone in your own god damn high school.

Stop seeing everyone as, "that one person," or "he/she is in this certain group because they do this or that." Just view everyone as people, because at the end of the day, no matter what you accomplished, or even failed, you are human, and that's what makes us all alike.

Pardon the language, but this just can't carry it's importance without some strong words.
      Last edited by Enb/Progon; 11-21-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: making it easier to read

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 368
      Overall activity: 13.0%
      Achievements:
      SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      is your everyday Ridley.

I am:
      Secret

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Someone else finally gets the idea too. 10/10 thread

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 1,138
      Overall activity: 7.0%
      Achievements:
      Social1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      is resting.

I am:
      Tired

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      This is true, the modern society is just made this way. It shouldn't.
      I can't explain it any better than you can, but we can all know and feel what he ment to say.

Thanks Original,
      And we indeed, still have to speka zie deutch.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 1,214
      Overall activity: 5.0%
      Achievements:
      SocialYour first GroupVeteran5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsOverdrive
      is This is my 6th year with the
      Wmortal gang. Fun times

I am:
      Friendly

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Biggest reasons why it is like this the world is because people care about skimcolor. And the most important religion.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 22
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      SocialYour first GroupVeteran5000 Experience Points
      is the great cornholio!

I am:
      Crazy

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Good post. Thoughtful.

People categorize people by their look, habits, expertise etc. Thats the nature of being human. Peer pressure is very dominant force in groups, and people act very different in it. Places like schools, workplaces, are so different by their occupants, they differ much as people differ from each other. Some places has really bad atmosphere, somewhere its like floating on the roof.

Luckily, it is always about how you personally manage that in your head. If you got good tools and/or temper, you can stand in ****pile with piss raining from the sky and be happy like a buddha itself. Many people are just nasty, they cant handle difficulties with open mind. Thats where you have to be understanding or fail by sinking to their level. Understanding is very trait to have like it appears on OPs post.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 892
      Achievements:
      SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
      is leaving WoWMortal due to
      WoTLK's demise.

I am:
      Hungry

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      You're absolutely right. But as already mentioned above, it is typical for human beings. It's mainly a sociologic issue. I'll try to give one of the multiple explanations for this phenomenon.

People have an identity. And they want their identity to be accepted by others. How will they achieve this? They'll join groups and try to be a part of them, to see their indentity accepted and acknowledged by others, the other group members. To preserve their identity, and the group, people will see the group they belong to as better than other groups, and put labels on other groups, often negative. This is how you get stereotypes, with all consequences (such as racism).
      Stereotypes are absolutely necessary though. Without stereotypes you wouldn't be able to survive in this world. Stereotypes help you classifiy and know the world, you can predict what will happen. I'll give you an example. We see tigers as cruel, vicious and dangerous animals. This is a stereotype. But what if we would not use stereotypes? This would happen: since you do not accept the stereotype of the tiger, you'll have to 'investigate' a tiger when you see one, because you won't predict his behaviour with the stereotype. But what will the tiger do? Exactly, he'll attack you and eat you. So you see we need stereotypes to survive, to run away from the tiger immediately when we see one. They often are negative, I admit that, and there must be done something about it, but this is not always the case.

Though I want to stress that I do not think this whole system is good, far from. It should be changed: we should look through this system, and see what causes it, so we can solve it by its core. By the way, thanks for making this thread in the first place, it will help people to open their eyes.

Kind regards,

yours truly, Vincent (Ent)
      Last edited by Gade; 03-17-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Missing word

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,447
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      Achievements:
      SocialTagger Second ClassRecommendation First ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      One of the reasons why I miss original.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 825
      is $$$$$$$$$$

I am:
      Embarrased

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      stop farming old posts

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 676
      Achievements:
      SocialRecommendation Second ClassTagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      is a living legend.

I am:
      Sneaky

Likes (Given)
      Likes (Received)
      Level
      Its ok! Kanye West will save us all <3

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,409
      Achievements:
      OverdriveSocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      is Malphaze