PDA

View Full Version : Death Knights need some love!

Ricana
07-09-2011, 10:44 PM
Hey there,

since Rogues, Feral Druids and Enhancement Shamans seem to got a buff a while ago, I was wondering, why Frost DKs weren't buffed as well - I mean, my DK is full geared with the 1800 Arena 1h Axes and well - I can't really do a single thing with them, the Damage is just very low (or too slow) - something should be done about that! I even tried 2h Frost, but that also failed badly. Frost seem to be merely some survival specc (well, Hungering Cold and RUN!), but not playable (guess it's the same for Combat Rogues, dunno).

I'm tired to being forced to play as Blood DK (since my Ghoul is bugged, Unholy isn't reliable), and I'd like to play as Duelwield Frost DK so they need a little buff in my opinion. I don't know, if it's because the Death Runes or the fact, that everyone has high resilence against Elemental damage (yes, I have Spell Penetration for Blue Sockets), it's just pathetic.

What do you guys think about it? :)

EDIT: Changed topic name, since the DK overall seem to be not working well.

Drivebye
07-09-2011, 11:37 PM
I would give you all the lovin you want!, but I dont have the authority to do it QQ

Reznev
07-09-2011, 11:38 PM
Not only frost dks need a buff-_- ALL DKS NEED ONE! I say buff dks A.S.A.P,i mean i got a dk too and the max crit i do is 4k :X!

Ricana
07-10-2011, 12:10 AM
I have to agree to a point but DKs can be strong (when all CDs are pulled, for example Demonic Heart neck, Hysteria, etc) - but due to the Rune System (so, not 100% working Death Runes), they have a really huge downtime where they can just autoattack slowly.

But at least they can do some damage (those downtimes prevent kills OFTEN for me), Frost Damage is maybe only tickling players and make them laugh (I faced today a Starter Lock, and it was pathetic, that he got me down to 40k in Frost).

The problem is - how can that be solved. Probably with fixing the Death Rune Talents (If I remember it right, when those procc, some runes (depending on the talent) change into Death Runes. I can't remember exactly, but I believe they were aviable right now instead of starting on CD like they do here (it's been a while, so correct me if I'm wrong). They just have a too huge downtime often, and you don't get enough Runic Power in the phase before that to dump those in Death Coils/Frost Strikes/Rune Strikes (or you don't want to waste the Runic Power for Death Strikes if glyphed).

Huskey/Forenzone
07-10-2011, 01:12 AM
Not only frost dks need a buff-_- ALL DKS NEED ONE! I say buff dks A.S.A.P,i mean i got a dk too and the max crit i do is 4k :X!

I have a donor dk and even i have to say the damage with it is pathetic.

Fixing death runes will not make this any better for dks except maybe using death strike a little more.

Something needs to be done about the gear

This is how i see it as

WG Dk Does around a 15k crit max good right?
WG Pally will hit over 22k crit and thats sometimes without wings... Seems like the dk got pwned.

A Donor Pally i have seen some hit for around 50-70k crits. and this is even without wings. soon as you throw them on its hell on earth for anything in a 50 yard radius

How while I hate to say my Donor DK Does less Crits then selenee in PVP

Even using a full dps spec that should if the gear was made correct. hit as hard as a pally. instead I hit around 11k - 13k max on donors and warground (This is per hit. and you can ask anyone I've killed on this server how much i hit its no lie.)

So to test this i stacked up both my Dk Reventon and my pally Huskey in a test

A pally full buffed can reach around 310k using correct gems
A Dk full buffed in Blood pres will get 279k and in frost will get just below 300k and will be at 296k

My Solution to this is to slightly buff the WG Dk Gear
Fix death runes as Ricana stated.
And Put Stam and Strength a little higher with dks. atleast to where we kinda stack up near the pallys and locks.

Reznev
07-10-2011, 01:18 AM
DKs dont need more stamina ;O they just need more strength and a bit of fixing of the damn talents-_-(ghouls dont work death runes dont work etc) and just simply some freaking damage:P

Ricana
07-10-2011, 02:12 AM
More Strength, nah - think of the Blood Talents, the Corrupt Helmet and stuff and it still doesn't change the situation. It more feels, like the attacks itself are weak, that the Dk doesn't scale that well with the current gear (even Corrupt) - or maybe the attacks are just weak, since most attacks have additional Magic Damage which is decreased by resistances (so Icy Touch deals Frost Damage, Plague Strike Shadow Damage, Gargoyle Nature Damage and so on).

Correct working Death Runes would be a good start, since they wouldn't have a that huge downtime and more attacks (so more damage).

Skyylorne
07-10-2011, 06:21 AM
I do agree that dk's do need a buff.
My dk (which is cookie cutter) does definately not hit as hard as a paladin but my burst is fine.
That being said, my full burst is about 5 min cd total (Not for crystals). They rely a whole lot more on cd's than other classes.
I've tried frost and UH in pvp and they both have substantially less survivability (I guess due to heals) and still do much less dmg.
If you rune system were fixed I'd say that would be a great step forward. Or maybe please just buff them overall.

Coexist
07-10-2011, 10:33 AM
As with all classes here, try pumping him full of spell pen :P Last time i was on my DK i hitted ~18ks. Not "ZOMGNOWIKILLSTARTERS2HITSMKAY" but not bad either.

Ricana
07-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Well, I use around 150 Spell Pen at the moment (DKs need also more Blue Sockets on their Gear!) and it's still pretty low. Maybe I should try some more, but well ...

Huskey/Forenzone
07-10-2011, 10:50 PM
The only thing i can think of which sounds completely retarded. is to do as coexist said and give dks some spell pen and spell power?

I still think strength and stam would help though seeing as my donor pally and donor dk don't even compare.

Reznev
07-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Actually some spell pen wouldn't be a bad idea since dks got those DoTs that scale with spell pen .

Drivebye
07-10-2011, 11:45 PM
QQ full donor has 150+ resist(fully buffed) on everything QQ!!
I have 200 spell pen QQ! It makes sense QQ!!
Give dks more str and its a parry battle! QQ

DO EET!

Selenee
07-11-2011, 12:29 AM
yeah,plz do sth about this.i can't dmg a paladin with sacred shield and he laughs at me " you can't touch me!".this is just stupid

Ricana
07-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Hmm, another thing I've noticed is the fact that the DK's WG Gear doesn't seem to have any Haste Rating - but it would be probably a nice addition I guess - faster refilling Runes -> more fluent attacks -> more damage.

Huskey/Forenzone
07-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Hmm, another thing I've noticed is the fact that the DK's WG Gear doesn't seem to have any Haste Rating - but it would be probably a nice addition I guess - faster refilling Runes -> more fluent attacks -> more damage.

If Haste makes runes regenerate faster. then that would be a good thing to add since the talents for it are messed on death runes.

Selenee
07-12-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm off this server till they learn to pay some attention to bugs,I asked for support for mall guards and nobody helped ,I asked for donation support and nobody helped , I asked them to put a teleporter in cities and ebon hold and nobody helped, now we are asking for alittle help for the weakest class in server and nobody gonna help. why should I log and play and see that fag zet or those ally fail paladins yelling " man you fail" " you can't even touch me".I might be friendly most of the time but I have limits. I don't care what you admins are busy with and I don't care what you do.neither you fix the bugs or expect a server full of paladins,priests and warlocks.
I used my whole cds on a paladin half my dmg and half my hp and he didn't die,I used my whole healing cds on the winged paladin and he still killed me.I interupted everysingle cast of warlock and he still hits 4k per second with his dots, I dueled a spriest and he just dispelled me without even moving then only thing he did to me was devouring plague and I lose 60k hp. Oh I'm sorry mark of blood heals but not when I'm getting hit by 20k per second.
then some people come and mock me with " you are epic,you are best" .yh I'm best cause I can just watch a paladin wing me down .yh I'm epic cause I can dmg a warlock 1k and he dmg me 50k.
I change pres and I lose 90%of my hp and guy comes and says "phaha You suck".It appears that all you care is donation money ( and odd thing is that you didn't even help my donate problem).Yh I'm talking to you Msoul.I'm talking to you safi.I'm talking to you docx.You absolutly have no idea of what goes in the game.when I log all I see is retard childish fights between some people that I won't even name them cause it sickens me.and I won't accept you excuse about cata bugs cause we all know warground population is going low.
So Bann me , delete me.Do all you want but there is no deny of what you do.and If you are smart, you know I'm not accusing I'm trying to help this situation.I will log sometimes just to see if bugs are fixed but I ain't got my hopes up.