PDA

View Full Version : A Few Suggestions for Customs

Ricana
03-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey there,

I just got some ideas (I shared them earlier, but they were gone somehow) I'd like to share so let's start:

Custom Enchants:
Hell yeah, we have so many retail enchants - no doubt, they're good - at least most of them. But in the jungle, you'll never know what's good for you, when even a "weak" enchant like Fiery Weapon does awesome damage. But how about custom enchants (recipes) to tune your char a little more with more clear describtions?

Custom Profession Items like Crafting stuff:
Another point - most of the professions here are really useless - most players go for Jewelcrafting for the gems or Enchanting for the stuff you can't grab. But the others seem to be pointless - so how about adding recipes for some new gear (BELOW Warground) or Rings, Trinkets or whatever so we could benefit from ALL professions? The material for that should be made too and also be rare so you have to farm stuff to craft new stuff - which MIGHT lead to the use of the auction house. Hope you get my point here :p but an active auction house would maybe bring some economy here - but the Gold should be decreased to a VERY LOW level so you have to farm gold ;)

New Quest Lines
I guess most players agree, that the quest line was nice with the cow and stuff - but they lacked of an epic story. So, there should be more quest chains with an story told, scripted with some "cutscenes" or something so make it a little more epic - I enjoyed those epic quest chains on retail for sure, so why not making a little story here too?

Weekly Dungeon/Raid/PvP Quests
Sure, we have Stromgarde, but I dunno - that seem to be rarely visited. There should come Weeklys for Dungeons, Raids or even PvP (so the Dungeons should be fixed and buffed) - or how about some special events like the retail ones with Frostlord Ahune which is there a couple of days (like Hogger was)? We have MUCH unused potential here with all those unvisited Dungeons.

Flying in Azeroth
Sure, that would come with Cataclysm, but I doubt he get that here THAT fast so, wouldn't it be great to bring the Azeroth Flying so we could explore the OLD world from the air? Would be surely awesome - but there should be also POWERFUL flying guards in the capitals to prevent easy visits from the opposite faction.

More Events
How about some more new Events? Like a custom Fishing Event (dunno if that is easy to code, but adding fish swarms to certain places like Grizzly Hills for the event seem to be possible) with custom fishes at a VERY low drop rate and those who fish them fist gets the price or something like that.

Hmm, guess that was all for now ;)

hanafi1212
03-10-2011, 04:06 PM
waaa...that good idea Ricana,.

Another point - most of the professions here are really useless - most players go for Jewelcrafting for the gems or Enchanting for the stuff you can't grab. But the others seem to be pointless - so how about adding recipes for some new gear (BELOW Warground) or Rings, Trinkets or whatever so we could benefit from ALL professions? The material for that should be made too and also be rare so you have to farm stuff to craft new stuff - which MIGHT lead to the use of the auction house. Hope you get my point here but an active auction house would maybe bring some economy here - but the Gold should be decreased to a VERY LOW level so you have to farm gold

i like this

Mylene
03-10-2011, 04:43 PM
+1000, Nice suggestions. Love the fishing part ^^. Would be awsome with more quests and dungeons + this might bring new players and the server gets more populated.

Zangetsu 斬月
03-10-2011, 04:53 PM
New Quest Lines
I guess most players agree, that the quest line was nice with the cow and stuff - but they lacked of an epic story. So, there should be more quest chains with an story told, scripted with some "cutscenes" or something so make it a little more epic - I enjoyed those epic quest chains on retail for sure, so why not making a little story here too?

Flying in Azeroth
Sure, that would come with Cataclysm, but I doubt he get that here THAT fast so, wouldn't it be great to bring the Azeroth Flying so we could explore the OLD world from the air? Would be surely awesome - but there should be also POWERFUL flying guards in the capitals to prevent easy visits from the opposite faction.

More Events
How about some more new Events? Like a custom Fishing Event (dunno if that is easy to code, but adding fish swarms to certain places like Grizzly Hills for the event seem to be possible) with custom fishes at a VERY low drop rate and those who fish them fist gets the price or something like that.

Awesome Ricana !!(btw im so glad to see u r still here)

I would literally jizz for those.

I also liked the profession and weekly quests but those might be hard to realize.

Ricana
03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Awesome Ricana !!(btw im so glad to see u r still here)

I would literally jizz for those.

I also liked the profession and weekly quests but those might be hard to realize.

Still sneaking around as always - but not ingame (or better rarely).

But I'm glad, that you like those ideas :)

Futuro
03-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Awzum, i want to fly around in Orgrimmar ! :o

Dramaqueen
03-10-2011, 05:47 PM
Well, you have got some nice ideas, but:

1. Flying in Azeroth - I think it will be impossible, since we have no Dev.
2. About that fishing. There are too many fishing bot progs to make such thing. They will just turn on fishing bot and wait for the reward.

Though I like Custom things you've suggested + new quest lines.
About events: we will try to do more of them.

Coexist
03-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes for weekly dungeon Quests, more events, custom enchants & new quest lines.

Flying in azeroth maybe if durotar, elwyn, capitals & pvp arenas was no fly zones otherwise it would be a nightmare to do pvp because people would just fly away.

Doctor X
03-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Custom Enchants:
Hell yeah, we have so many retail enchants - no doubt, they're good - at least most of them. But in the jungle, you'll never know what's good for you, when even a "weak" enchant like Fiery Weapon does awesome damage. But how about custom enchants (recipes) to tune your char a little more with more clear describtions? - Impossible to Make, ive tryed Many times :S.

Another point - most of the professions here are really useless - most players go for Jewelcrafting for the gems or Enchanting for the stuff you can't grab. But the others seem to be pointless - so how about adding recipes for some new gear (BELOW Warground) or Rings, Trinkets or whatever so we could benefit from ALL professions? The material for that should be made too and also be rare so you have to farm stuff to craft new stuff - which MIGHT lead to the use of the auction house. Hope you get my point here but an active auction house would maybe bring some economy here - but the Gold should be decreased to a VERY LOW level so you have to farm gold - Making custom recipies is also impossible, unless I edit the gear from existing recipies. I will look into editing some recipies for rings, necks etc which will cost gold coins. Kinda hard to make every profession useable, but we will see.

New Quest Lines
I guess most players agree, that the quest line was nice with the cow and stuff - but they lacked of an epic story. So, there should be more quest chains with an story told, scripted with some "cutscenes" or something so make it a little more epic - I enjoyed those epic quest chains on retail for sure, so why not making a little story here too? - -.-

Weekly Dungeon/Raid/PvP Quests
Sure, we have Stromgarde, but I dunno - that seem to be rarely visited. There should come Weeklys for Dungeons, Raids or even PvP (so the Dungeons should be fixed and buffed) - or how about some special events like the retail ones with Frostlord Ahune which is there a couple of days (like Hogger was)? We have MUCH unused potential here with all those unvisited Dungeons. - I have considered putting Hogger into a Random Custom Dungeon every weekend or once a month, for players to find. Maybe with a quest npc to show that hes been added, with same + new rewards ofc.

Flying in Azeroth
Sure, that would come with Cataclysm, but I doubt he get that here THAT fast so, wouldn't it be great to bring the Azeroth Flying so we could explore the OLD world from the air? Would be surely awesome - but there should be also POWERFUL flying guards in the capitals to prevent easy visits from the opposite faction. - -.-

More Events
How about some more new Events? Like a custom Fishing Event (dunno if that is easy to code, but adding fish swarms to certain places like Grizzly Hills for the event seem to be possible) with custom fishes at a VERY low drop rate and those who fish them fist gets the price or something like that. - :S The problem with most events is hackers, and this fishing event sounds a bit lame imo. I will try come up with some more anti hack/cheat events.

You wont see changes straight away. Must finish Corrupt and a Few other things first.

Necroraven12
03-15-2011, 10:36 PM
doc x for the win